Troy Luxury Homes For Sale
With a population of 82,821 people and 22 constituent neighborhoods, Troy is the 13th largest community in Michigan.
Troy real estate is some of the most expensive in Michigan. The lowest priced property to sell in 2014 was a condo for $42,000 while the highest priced property was a home in Beach Forest Sub for $1,550,000.
Troy is one of the most populated business centers in Michigan housing companies spanning the automotive and financial sectors. Because of it's location and excellent climate for business it's land value is second only to the Ren Cen District in Detroit. 90.81% of the Troy workforce is employed in white-collar jobs, well above the national average. Overall, Troy is a city of professionals, managers and sales and office workers. There are especially a lot of people living in Troy who work in management occupations (14.06%), office and administrative support (10.59%) and healthcare (9.28%).
Please feel free to contact us online or call 248-221-1224 to learn more about the available Troy Real Estate Listings or book a private showing, also please call 248-270-2222 if you have a home you'd like to sell.
If you'd like to expand your property search, see all homes for sale in the local market.
Troy Luxury Listings
|All Listings||$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000|
|$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000|
Troy Luxury Listings
Troy's neighborly atmosphere and great schools makes it a great place to raise a family. The Troy school district has been consistently named one of the best communities for music education in the United States as per U.S. News. Troy is also one of four metro Detroit Districts to receive an A+ rating by the Detroit News. Troy homes for sale are almost always within striking distance of area or neighborhood park for outdoor fun. Troy is home to five community parks, one skate park and ten neighborhood parks. We couldn't mention all the benefits of looking for homes for Sale in Troy, MI without mentioning the upscale Somerset Mall (Somerset Collection). This is Metro Detroit's premier "Collection" of retailers and has a little of something for everyone.
Troy Michigan Real Estate Review
Troy real estate is a mixture of homes and condos, varying greatly in price and style. Styles of homes include Colonials, Cape Cods, Ranches, Bi-levels, Tri-levels and quad levels. Condo Styles include Ranch, Colonial, Cape Cods and Townhouses. In 2014 there were 990 residential properties sold, up from 886 in 2013. Of the 990 properties sold, 834 of them were homes and the remaining 156 were condos. In addition Troy saw an average home sales price increase of 12.1% from 2013 to 2014. The lowest priced property to sell in 2014 was a condo for $42,000 while the highest priced property was a home in Beach Forest Sub for $1,550,000.
2014 began the year with an average of 41 days on market and quickly dropped to between 10 and 20. By the end of the year the days on market crept back up to end just above 30 days on market.
Troy Michigan - Education
Today Troy is serviced by 4 school districts as well as several private schools and secondary education facilities. Well over sixty percent of the homes in Troy fall under the Troy School District with the balance attending the Birmingham School District, Avondale and Warren Consolidated.
Troy School District:
The majority of homes for sale in Troy fall under the Troy School District. Currently there are just over 12,000 students attending four high schools, four middle schools, & twelve elementary schools. Currently there are 53 languages spoken in the school district and Troy has a specific bilingual student program to assist students whose second language is English. In 2004 Troy approved a $119 million dollar bond to build a new international school, replace the aging Baker Middle School & upgrade technologies throughout the district.
- The Troy school district has been consistently named one of the best communities for music education in the United States as per U.S. News.
- Troy is one of four metro Detroit Districts to receive an A+ rating by the Detroit News.
- Two of the Four high schools in Troy have been named in the top 5% of all high schools in the US by Newsweek Mag.
- Every school in Troy is a Michigan Blue Ribbon School.
- Troy is also one of the top feeder school districts for both U of M and Michigan State.
- There are 19 advanced placement courses that can earn college credit.
The Twelve Elementary Schools:
- Barnard Elementary School
- Bemis Elementary School
- Costello Elementary School
- Hamilton Elementary School
- Hill Elementary School
- Leonard Elementary School
- Martell Elementary School
- Morse Elementary School
- Schroeder Elementary School
- Troy Union Elementary School
- Wass Elementary School
- Wattles Elementary School
The Four Troy Middle Schools:
- Baker Middle School
- Boulan Park Middle School
- Larson Middle School
- Smith Middle School
The Troy High Schools:
- Athens High School
- International Academy East
- Niles Community High School
- Troy High School
Birmingham School District, Avondale and Warren Consolidated School Districts:
Roughly 30% of the homes for sale in Troy will fall under the Birmingham, Avondale and Warren Consolidated School Districts.
- Birmingham Schools: Service All of Birmingham, portions of Troy, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, Franklin, and the north part of Southfield Township. There are currently 8 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 2 high schools. Academics are a focus in the district and subsequently they are repeated blue ribbon award winners.
- Avondale School District: Currently services Auburn Hills primarily, but also has students from Bloomfield Twp, Rochester Hills, and Troy. Named Avondale after Rochester Hills previous name Avon Twp.
- Warren Consolidated School District: One of the largest districts in size and student count. Currently at 16,000 students attending 14 Elementary Schools, 6 middle schools, and 7 high schools. Currently the district covers Warren, Sterling Heights and Troy.
Troy Michigan Restaurants
Purchasers looking for Troy houses for sale. Troy's corporate sector attracts some of the best franchise and non franchise restaurants in the state. Here are a few of our and our clients favorites!
The Alibi - 6700 Rochester Road
- Hands down the best pizza in Troy. A large family owned establishment that's been a Troy tradition for 60 years. We've been told they have great ribs & fish and chips as well, but only having been there 40 times we haven't made it past the pizza yet.
The Capital Grille - 2800 West Big Beaver Road
- With 4.6 out of 5 starts this is one of our go to favorites. It's both a great lunch spot for longer business lunches as well as a good upscale restaurant to take the fam. The Capital Grille prides itself on service and multiple courses to enjoy.
Ocean Prime - 2915 Coolidge Highway
- Another upscale Troy restaurant. Things to try at Ocean Prime? the snapper, lobster bisque, & crab cakes. We've found the steak to be spot on and deserts fantastic.
Recipes of Troy - 2919 Crooks Road
- One of the top breakfast spots in Troy, Recipes opened in 2003 and have since been recognized by USA Today, the Daily Tribune, Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, and Hour magazine. They've been voted best breakfast restaurant twice by readers
Kona Grill - 30 E Big Beaver Road
- 4.5 stars out of five make this the best Asian Steakhouse in Troy. Try the Yamata Roll, Chicken Caprese sandwich and King Crab roll. This spot is typically busy and The Kona Gill provides complementary valet parking to assist. This is also a top spot for baby showers and business events and features an on site event planner. Don't forget the steak!
Kruse and Muer Wilshire - 911 Wilshire Drive
- Part of the larger locally owned Kruse and Muer Family of restaurants, does not disappoint, hast the second best pizza in troy, great American/Italian fare, and the best breakfast buffet in the area featuring an omelet station, desert station and more.
Maggiano's Little Italy 2089 W Big Beaver
- Solid Italian food with large portions, featuring a now and later section of the menu. Buy one dinner for now, get one for later free!
Camp Ticonderoga - 5725 Rochester Road
- The same owners of Deadwood Bar and Grill in Northville, this place is not for the vegetarian. Featuring a cozy "Lodge" atmosphere and great meat based food
P.F. Changs - 888 West Big Beaver
- Upscale Chinese chain restaurant, a favorite go to spot when feeling otherwise uninspired. The salt and pepper calamari isn't chewy or greasy, done right. The feature dish "Changs Chicken" is the most popular as well the new Pad Thai is a departure from the typical Pad Thai, but they put a great twist on this dish.
Morton's The Steakhouse - 888 West Big Beaver
- Another great steakhouse great for an upscale business meeting or night out without the kids. The Steaks are out of this world but try also a side of the mushrooms and spinach.
Troy Michigan Family Fun:
Troy's central location makes houses for sale uniquely located close to family-friendly fun in Troy and its' surrounding communities. Neighboring communities have many favorite family spots as well.
- Airtime Trampoline & Game Park: Over 30,000 square feet of space filled with Trampolines, food, and fun featuring a separate area for dodge ball, a foam pit and trampoline basketball.
- 662 East Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48083
- American Fun Centers: AFC has over 60 games for entertainment including deal or no deal, dance revolution, guitar hero and more. Over 30 ticket dispensing games for prizes and has party packages for parties and events. Also has the tried and true classics! Skee ball, hoop fever, air hockey, pinball and more!
- 412 W 14 Mile Road Troy MI 48083
- Troy Family Aquatic Center: Four Pools, Four Lap Lanes, Two Waterslides, and Ten Million gallons of Water. Is there a better way to describe this? There are several memberships and one day passes, and discounts for Troy Residents!
- 3425 Civic Center Drive Troy MI 48084
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: More than just bears and Olaf from Frozen just in! Fun for kids of all ages to pick the bear and build it on site
- Located in Somerset Collection
- Firefighters Park: The air is the freshest in Firefighters Park! Featuring 9 soccer fields, two playgrounds, disc golf and river bank fishing!
- 1800 West Square Lake Road Troy MI 48083
- Troy Historic Village: A hidden gem in Troy. If your searching for houses for sale in Troy Mi this is the place to learn Troy History. Admission is only three dollars and has on site on original one room school house, turn of the century church, a log cabin and more. It's like stepping back in time.
- 60 W Wattles Road Troy MI 48098
- Life Time Fitness: A must be mentioned all in one gym with water slides, indoor and out door pools, summer camps for kids and more. Also has a day care so the parents can stay in shape while the kiddos are entertained. Also Lifetime has a kids academy with year round activities for kids in all age ranges.
- 4700 Investment Drive Troy MI 48098
- Troy Gymnastics: A great place for kids to develop both physical and social skills. Known for caring instructors and smaller class sizes. Also reviews have consistently mentioned its cleanliness.
- 1600 West Maple Road Troy MI 48184
- Aqua Tots: Looking for a place for kids to learn to swim? Aqua Tots never has more than four students per class keeping a great individual focus. Great for safety and for learning.
- 846 East Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48083
Troy Michigan Parks:
Troy homes for sale are almost always within striking distance of area or neighborhood park for outdoor fun. Troy is home to five community parks, one skate park and ten neighborhood parks. The city parks have a mixture of woods, walking trails, open space, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, disc golf, shore fishing, tennis courts, play structures, a skate park, picnic areas and pavilions and more. In addition there are indoor and out door aquatics and recreational programs for kids. The ten neighborhood parks are Beach Road Park, Beaver Trail Park, Brinston Park, Phillip J Huber Park, Milverton Park, North Glen Park, Redwood Park, Robinwood Park, Schroeder Park, & Sylvan Glen Lake Park. Here are the five major Troy Parks and skate park with addresses:
Boulan Park 3671 Crooks Road
One of the five major Troy Parks features three baseball diamonds, eight lighted tennis courts, five soccer fields, two sand volley ball courts and over a mile of paved walking paths. Also there are two play structures, two pavilions families can reserve and a concession stand that operates during the summer season. This park is 63 acres in total.
Firefighters Park 1300 West Square Lake
Our personal favorite park for families, this park has the Rouge River running through the north and east border and on any given day there are shore fishers looking for a great catch. In addition there are nine soccer fields a full eighteen hold disc golf course that is well designed and a challenge, volleyball courts, picnic shelters, and concession stands operated during soccer games. 96 total acres of fun for this park.
Donald Flynn Park 1710 E. South Blvd
The smallest of the Troy parks at 25 acres in the north east corner of Troy has four baseball diamonds and several leagues that play here. A great place to catch a game with the talent of tomorrow. Also there's a play structure and concession stand. Located directly next to Sanctuary Lake Golf Course
Jaycee Park 1755 East Long Lake Road
Just over 45 acres, Jaycee Park features two baseball diamonds, two full sized and six small soccer fields as well as two play structures. There are restrooms, a pavilion, and walking paths.
Raintree Park 3775 John R Road
Raintree park covers 41 acres and is half wooded and half open. There is a eighteen hole disc golf course, baseball diamond, two play structures and picnic shelter. There are paved walking path through the woods, and according to several who purchased Troy properties, this is the park to see the deer and the critters.
Troy Skate Park
The Troy Skate Park is just north of the Community Center with snacks and restrooms available at the center. It's a 10,000 square foot site with 26 ramps, wedges and rails designed by HUNA. It's an all steel construction with a Skatelite Pro surface to provide an exceptionally smooth ride. Skate boards, inline skates (not traditional) and bikes are welcome (mountain and BMX bikes).
Troy Michigan Nightlife:
Buyers looking for home for sale in Troy will
- Granite City Food and Brewery: A great starting spot (or ending spot) to the night, open to 1am has American comfort food and craft beer brewed on site. This upscale pub food is worth trying.
- 699 West Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48084
- Champps Americana: Mid-upper scale chain with 41 locations nation wide. Features fresh on site made food, large bar and a ton of TV's. Not a bad seat in the house if you want to watch the game
- 301 West Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48084
- MJR Digital Cinema 16: a Movie Theater in Troy located with concession stand, 3D movies, & IMAX.
- 100 East Maple Road Troy MI 48083
- Bahama Breeze: Great for drinks and snacks. for dinner it's alright, but a great hang out place after work. Try the coconut shrimp and chocolate Pineapple upside down cake.
- 539 East Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48083
For additional close by Fun Things to Do on a Saturday Night check our posts on near by cities!
- Click Here for the Top Ten Fun Things to Do on a Saturday Night in Royal Oak MI
- Click Here for the Top Ten Fun Things to Do on a Saturday Night in Detroit MI
- Click Here for the Top Ten Fun Things to Do on a Saturday Night in Metro Detroit
- Click Here for the Top Ten Fun Things to Do on a Saturday Night in Ferndale MI
- Click Here for the Top Ten Fun Things to Do on a Saturday Night in Rochester Area
We couldn't mention all the benefits of looking for homes for Sale in Troy, MI without mentioning the upscale Somerset Mall (Somerset Collection). This is Metro Detroit's premier "Collection" of retailers and has a little of something for everyone. It's two malls in one! Somerset Collection spans both sides of Big Beaver and is connected by a walkway on the second floor. Currently there are more than 180 retailers in the mall: Somerset Collection features:
- Valet Service: Available at each main entrance for five dollars, also Valet Parking is complimentary to all shoppers with a handicapped sticker.
- Alterations: Just buy that perfect suit from Hugo Boss? There's a tailor on site for alterations and can often have the clothing back to you same day.
- Gift Wrapping Service: Located at Concierge South, complementary wrapping is offered year round.
- Special Events: Somerset Collection hosts several events throughout the year including yoga classes, Santa for the kids, fashion shows and more.
Somerset Collections anchor stores include Nortstroms, Macy's, Neiman Marcus and Sacks Fifth Avenue. In addition to that there are several top luxury brand stores, including but not limited to Cartier, L.K. Bennett, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Tiffany, Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss, MaxMara, Omega, and Coach.
In Somerset North there's a grouping of ten restaurants in what's called the Peacock Cafe's that also features free wifi. Also there's a P.F. Changs, Tuscan Grill, McCormick and Schmicks, California Pizza Kitchen and The Camital Grille.
Troy Michigan Employment:
Troy is one of the most populated business centers in Michigan housing companies spanning the automotive and financial sectors. Because of it's location and excellent climate for business it's land value is second only to the Ren Cen District in Detroit.
The top Troy Employers in order is a veritable whose who of the Forbes 500 list. These include:
- Bank of America
- DuPont Automotive
- Flagstar Bank
- J.D. Power and Associates
- Kelly Services
- The Kresge Foundation
- Magna Powertrain
Future plans for Troy's commercial district include the Pavilions of Troy. A development design concept for an open air shopping mall incorporating both office centers and residential condos on the site of the former KMart headquarters. Currently the land is owned by the Forbes Frankel Company, who owns Somerset Collection. Though plans were approved in 2009 there hasn't been any start date filed yet.
Troy Michigan - A Brief History
Originally named Troy Corners, it was established in 1819 through Johnson Niles purchasing 160 acres and renaming the farm Troy Corners. The township was established in 1827 and incorporated in 1955 as a strategy to prevent neighboring cities form annexing additional land away. The Troy Historic Village is an interactive historical museum that has been passionate about chronicling the progression of Troy's development. They've kept intact or recreated an 18th century schoolhouse, general store, blacksmith shop and church. The turn of the century church is still available for weddings. Today Troy, MI covers 33.64 miles with homes for sale varying in both age and style.
Troy Michigan - Today
Today looking for real estate in Troy, Michigan will put a family right in the middle of bustling community rich in culture and commerce. Located in Oakland County Michigan, is home to 80,980 people as of the 2010 census making it the 11th largest city in Michigan by population and the largest in the county. Many people are shocked by the diversity and richness of culture in Troy, as many identify Troy instead with business shirts and power lunches.
Troy Michigan - Safety
Buyers looking for properties in the city will sleep well at night. In 2011 Troy was ranked the number 19th safest city in the United States, and the safest in Michigan, just edging out Livonia Michigan. In addition it was ranked number 22 by CNN Money "best places to live" in the United States. CNN uses a mix of criteria including affordability of housing, education, economic strength, and fun. In 2008 Troy was ranked the 4 most affordable city in the United States. Bear in mind that though the sales prices of Troy real estate is well over the average sales price, the adjustment for the above average incomes in Troy offset this. The current median income in Troy is $84,330 for a single person and 101,271 for a family.
IDX provided courtesy of Realcomp II Ltd., via Keller Williams Realty, Copyright 2020 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified.