Zoning for this Area
Real Estate Statistics
Search Livonia Real Estate Listings in Michigan
Search Livonia Real Estate Listings in Michigan
Livonia Homes for Sale
The city is just 15 miles from Downtown Detroit and less than 2 miles from Detroit city limits, with over 94,000 people calling Livonia home.
Livonia is the home to the Livonia Hockey Association, the largest amateur hockey association in Michigan! Most homes for sale were built in the 1950s to 1960s. The city's population is at around 97,000. Livonia is a unique town with a feel of a small town with the perks of the city; it is the second-largest city in Wayne County and the eighth-largest city in Michigan.
Livonia Featured Neighborhoods
Living In Livonia Real Estate
Livonia is a large suburb with various traditional neighborhoods. The city was originally settled by pioneers from New England and New York. Livonia holds luxurious homes, cape cods, and beautiful townhomes. Livonia is a unique town with a feel of a small town with the perks of the city. It is the 2nd largest city in Wayne County and the 8th largest city in Michigan.
Enjoying Homes For Sale In Livonia
The city's top hospital is St. Mary's Hospital. Livonia's top employers consist of CBS/Fox Video, General Motors Company, Comerica Bank, The Harvard Drup Group, Sears, Roebuck & Co, Tower International, TRW Automotive and Awrey Bakeries. In addition to Livonia's schools, churches, libraries, parks, colleges, and its hospital, Livonia real estate properties are just minutes from a high fashion mall with over 74 stores, known as the Laurel Park Place. The city is tied to the community with its own community Recreation Center and the YMCA. Prospective buyers of Livonia homes for sale will love becoming a part of the community, with city-wide events throughout the year, many specializing in children's events. Livonia was also the former host of the only thoroughbred horse race track in the state until it closed in 1998.
Livonia Testimonials by Past Clients
Livonia is Served by by both Livonia Public schools and the Clarenceville School District.
Livonia School District
Livonia Public Schools serves most of Livonia MI and a portion of Westland as well. In 2006 Livonia revised their curriculum to a four-tier system K-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-12 just as Farmington Public Schools had also, due to population shifts. In addition to the high schools, Livonia Students are able to take courses at the Livonia Career Technological Center. In addition, Livonia has been consistently ranked as one of the top districts in Michigan statewide since the 1960s.
Many of the homes in Livonia is served by twelve Elementary Schools (k-4)
- Buchanan Elementary School (Livonia)
- Cass Elementary School (Livonia, 1967)
- Cleveland Elementary School (Livonia)
- Coolidge Elementary School (Livonia)
- Garfield Elementary School (Livonia)
- Grant Elementary School (Livonia)
- Hayes Elementary School (Westland)
- Hoover Elementary School (Livonia)
- Kennedy Elementary School (Livonia)
- Randolph Elementary School (Livonia)
- Roosevelt Elementary School (Livonia)
- Rosedale Elementary School (Livonia)
Three Upper Elementary Schools:
- Cooper Upper Elementary School (Westland)
- Johnson Upper Elementary School (Westland)
- Riley Upper Elementary School (Livonia)
Three Middle Schools (Grades 7-8)
- Emerson Middle School (Livonia, 1954) - This school was named after the American writer and philosopher, Ralph Waldo Emerson. This building is a North Central Association School. Mascot-Eagles
- Frost Middle School (Livonia, 1963) - This school was named after Robert Lee Frost, the American poet. In addition to 7th and 8th graders, this building houses the MACAT (Middle Alternative Classrooms for the Academically Talented) program. This building is also a North Central Association School. Mascot-Phantoms
- Holmes Middle School (Livonia, 1967) - This school is named after Oliver Wendell Holmes, a famous physician, poet, & writer. This is also a North Central Association school. Mascot-Hawks
Many of the homes for sale in Livonia are currently served by 3 high schools:
- Benjamin Franklin High School (opened in 1962)
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School (opened in 1966)
- Winston Churchill High School (opened in 1969)
Founded in 1837 serves a section of properties in Livonia, a section in Farmington Hills MI and a section Redford MI. 1940 students currently attend Clarenceville Schools with a staff of teachers, clerical and admin of270. Schools in the district include:
- Clarenceville High School
- Clarenceville Middle School
- Botsford Elementary School
- Grandview Elementary School
Additional Schools in Livonia:
Homes for sale in Livonia are also in close proximity to several private and secondary schools as well.
- Saint Michael's School: A JK through 8th grade Catholic Parish and Elementary School and is a feeder school for Ladywood in Livonia as well as Catholic Central, U of D Jesuit, Mercy High School and 19 other high schools
- 11311 Hubbard Livonia MI 48150
- St. Pauls Lutheran Church and School: Working closely with parents, teachers and staff pride themselves in providing the area's premier Lutheran education with a focus on serving Jesus Christ
- 17810 Farmington Road Livonia MI 48152
- Ladywood High School: An all-girls high school in Livonia focused on academic excellence.
- 14680 Newburgh Road Livonia MI 48154
- Schoolcraft University: Known nationally for its excellent culinary arts program and headed by four master chefs (CMC) which is the highest ratio of master chefs to student ratio in the country
- 18600 Haggerty Road Livonia MI 48152
- Madonna University: Run by the Felician Sisters with strong ties to the Roman Catholic Church is known for it's Nursing Program.
- 36600 Schoolcraft Road Livonia MI 48150
As well as multiple Private Schools. Livonia real estate is near University of Phoenix, and Davenport University. Livonia has four Public Libraries, the Civic Center, Alfred Noble Library, Carl Sandburg Library, and the Vest Pocket Library.
Livonia restaurants offer a diverse selection within a short drive from much of the available real estate in Livonia. Many Livonia restaurants are locally owned and operated, and several are operated as part of a chain. Here below find a list of some of the best Livonia restaurants & our personal favorite spots!
- Bates Hamburgers: 63 reviews 5-star reviews on Trip Advisor can't be wrong! the best sliders in the area
- 33406 5 Mile Road Livonia MI 48154
- 1 Under: Locally owned by the 3 Dabish Brothers. Featuring the Killer Flamingos on Fridays, DJ on Saturday, Trivia on Sunday and over 200 beers on tap. On top of that a killer burger, solid pizza and more. Perfect for after a round of golf at Idyl Wyld
- 35780 5 mile road Livonia MI 48154
- J Alexander's Restaurant: Solid service and food, a favorite chain of ours with a good atmosphere
- 19200 Haggerty Road Livonia MI 48152
- Mitchell's Fish Market: The go-to place for fish in Livonia, known for their swordfish, shellfish and daily delivery of one day out of water
- 17600 Haggerty Road Livonia MI 48152
- Fleming's: If you're looking for the best steak in Livonia this is the place. In addition, they have a wide selection of wine and a perfectly prepared lobster.
- 17400 Haggerty Road Livonia MI 48152
- Cantoro Italian Market: A 50 year Livonia tradition and our favorite destination for all stuff Italian. Cantoro's new grocery market and Livonia restaurant has gained immediate popularity
- 19710 Haggerty Road Livonia MI
- Coaches Corner: Locally owned sports bar next to the Winter Garden. Great wings and great company. Not a bad seat in the house with 23 TV's always playing the game
- 19170 Farmington Road Livonia MI 48152
Family Fun with the Kiddos in Livonia!
Family activities is as important as everything else when shopping for homes for sale in Livonia. Below is a shortlist of some of our favorite things to do with our families on The Perna Team. Also at the bottom of the page are links to additional nearby communities with plenty to do with the fam.
- AMC Livonia 20: Movies are always a good go-to, and this one features an IMAX
- 19500 Haggerty Road Livonia MI 48152
- Rotary Park: The park houses five shelters, picnic areas, athletic fields, tennis and volleyball courts, a garden and walking trails.
- 32184 6 Mile Road Livonia MI 48152
- Merri-Bowl Lanes: Newly renovated 32 lanes with optional bumpers, featuring a full snack bar, pro-shop, moonlight and glow bowl. They also have catered parties for families.
- 30950 5 Mile Road Livonia 48154
- Hines Park: More than 15 miles in length is a favorite of runners and features the Martian Marathon every April as well as a large disc golf course, sledding, playgrounds, baseball diamonds volleyball courts and more
- Along Hines Drive
- Campus Martius Park: Activities throughout the year include the Free Press Marathon, live concerts, ice skating and more
- 800 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48221
- Comerica Park: Home of the Detroit Tigers featuring a Ferris Wheel and real elephant ears! Catch a game, and hopefully a fly ball!
- 2100 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201
- Joe Louis Arena: Home of the Detroit Red Wings and the largest indoor venue in Detroit
- 600 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, MI
- The Detroit Zoo: One of the largest in the Mid-West, located in Royal Oak MI and has many seasonal events. Housing 3,000 animals, over 125 acres and a nice 1.7 mile walk.
- 8450 W. 10 Mile Road Royal Oak, MI 48067
Night Life in Livonia
Many of the homes in Livonia are positioned uniquely close to several popular nightlife spots, from bars to clubs to comedy there is a ton to do and explore!
- One Under: Not just a restaurant, but a local band spot, DJ, Trivia and more. Often packed, is a local Livonia favorite and often charges a cover on Fridays due to popularity
- 35780 5 Mile Road Livonia MI 48154
- Winter Garden Tavern: Local, inexpensive, free pool tables from Sunday through Thursday and good food.
- 33320 7 Mile Road Livonia MI 48152
- Docs Sports Retreat: 70+ flat-screen TV's make it a true sports retreat with 30 tap beers, Keno, Charity Poker, all-season patio and more make it the Livonia sports destination. Try the wings!
- 19265 Victor Parkway Livonia MI 48152
- Dave and Busters: Chuck E. Cheese for adults! Bowling, billiards, arcade games, food, drink and more!
- 19375 Victor Parkway Livonia MI 48152
Want to know more about homes for sale in Livonia, MI? Contact us online, or call one of our experts at (248) 425-5082 today!
Browse all Livonia Neighborhoods:
Back to: Livonia Real Estate Listings
IDX provided courtesy of Realcomp II Ltd., via Keller Williams Realty, Copyright 2021 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified.