Deciding to build a dream home, whether it's in an expensive neighborhood or an affordable neighborhood, is a big step, and it...Read More
About Royal Oak
Zoning for this Area
Real Estate Statistics
Royal Oak Listings
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
Royal Oak Listings
Royal Oak Homes For Sale
Royal Oak is a city in Oakland County of the U.S. state of Michigan. It is a suburb of Detroit. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 57,236. It is the 8th-largest municipality in Oakland County and the 27th largest municipality in Michigan by population. The city has a total area of 11.79 square miles. Royal Oak's downtown grew into an entertainment and nightlife destination. A number of large condominiums and lofts have recently been built in the area. Royal Oak has maintained the appeal of a small town while affording many of the amenities of a large metropolis.
The city also has a Farmers Market located at the corner of 11 Mile Road and Troy Street, adjacent to the 44th District Court. Royal Oak has an eclectic mix of housing options ranging from apartments and condominiums, affordable single-family homes, historic homes in the historical district, to large upscale luxury homes and condos. Royal Oak's close proximity to multiple freeways including I-75, I-696, and M-1 makes it conveniently located.
More Royal Oak Neighborhoods
There are endless activities to do in Royal Oak. Royal Oak caters to theatergoers of both film and live productions. Film lovers can view films at the Main Art Theater. Patrons of live theater enjoy performances by Stagecrafters at the Baldwin Theater. Stagecrafters is a community theater group that produces 10 stage shows each year and shows silent films.
Various types of music concerts and other special attractions are held throughout the year at the Royal Oak Music Theater. If you enjoy outdoor music, Royal Oak hosts a series of free summer concerts on the library lawn. The concerts are held on Wednesday evenings from mid-June through early August.
The Detroit Zoo is located in Royal Oak. The Detroit Zoo has 125 acres of naturalistic habitats for 2,500 animals from aardvarks to zebras and features award-winning attractions such as the National Amphibian Conservation Center, Great Apes of Harambee and Arctic Ring of Life.
Collectively, Royal Oak and six other cities welcome over 1 million spectators to the area for the annual Woodward Dream Cruise. Held in August, the one-day event is the world’s largest classic car cruise, drawing cruisers and spectators from around the world to ogle autos of yesteryear. Participating communities provide optimal viewing, cruise-related activities, and entertainment throughout the day.
Royal Oak Farmers Market
The freshest in-season produce can be found at the Royal Oak Farmers Market, located at 316 E 11 Mile Rd (just 2 blocks east of Main Street). A legacy since 1927, the market sells only food products that Michigan farmers grow themselves. Some of the farmers who bring their crops to the market travel from locations up to four hours from Royal Oak, extending the seasons availability for many varieties of fruits and vegetables. In addition to food products, the Farmers Market sells numerous varieties of annuals and perennials in the spring and summer, and greenery and pine trees in December. Crafts and antiques are often available at the Farmers Market.
The city is served by Royal Oak Neighborhood Schools. There is also a private high school, Shrine Catholic. A branch of Oakland Community College is located in the city.
- Royal Oak High School
- Royal Oak Middle School
- Jane Addams Elementary School
- Addams Early Childhood Center
- Helen Keller Elementary School
- Northwood Elementary School
- Oakland Elementary School
- Oak Ridge Elementary School
- Upton Elementary School
- Alfred E. Upton Elementary School
- Keller Elementary School
- Winston Churchill Community Education Center
- St. Mary Catholic School
- Shrine Catholic Grade School
- st. Paul Lutheran school
- Calvary Christian School
Downtown businesses have created a diverse, one-stop commercial district where customers find quality and personal service. Retail shops offer specialty items and many restaurants feature outdoor patios that connect visitors to the heart of Royal Oak. Street furniture provides convenient resting places and vantage points to observe the flurry of activity.
The renaissance of Royal Oak unveiled the city's charm. Visitors to Main, Washington and other downtown streets experience the city's unique sense of place and identity, unlike cities without downtown districts. This sentiment can be shared by pedestrians ambling along the downtown streetscapes that feature brick paving, street furniture, tree and flower plantings. It can be felt among patrons of the theaters, upscale restaurants, coffeehouses and distinctive shops. Visitors to downtown Royal Oak enjoy the pedestrian-friendly atmosphere and social interaction.
- Jolly Pumpkin Pizzeria & Brewery, 419 S Main St | (248) 544-6250 | view details
- Lily's Seafood Grill & Brewery, 410 S Washington Ave | (248) 591-5459 | view details
- The Royal Oak Brewerym, 215 E Fourth St | (248) 544-1141 | view detail
- River Rouge Brewing Company, 406 E. 4th Street | (248) 802-0555 | view detail
- Roak Brewing, 330 E Lincoln Ave | (248) 268-8780 | view detail
- The Royal Oak Brewery, 215 East 4th Street | (248) 544-1141 | view detail
- Urbanrest Brewing, 2615 Wolcott St, Ferndale | (586) 945-5121 | view detail
- Brooks Brewing 52033 Van Dyke | (586) 884-4741 | view detail
- Woodward Avenue Brewers, 22646 Woodward Avenue | (248) 546-3696 | view detail
Clubs and Bars
- Craft Bar, 419 S Main St | (248) 544-6250 | view details
- Fifth Avenue, 215 W Fifth St | (248) 629-9423 | view details
- Goodnite Gracie, 224 Sherman Dr | (248) 544-7490 | view details
- Gusoline Alley, 309 S Center St | (248) 545-2235 | view details
- Motor City Gas, 325 E. Fourth St, Royal Oak, MI 48067 | view details
- Mr. B's Pub, 215 S Main St | (248) 399-0017 | view details
- O'Tooles, 205 W Fifth St | (248) 591-9226 | view details
- Sabrage, 401 S Lafayette Ave | view details
- The Rock on Third, 112 E Third St | (248) 542-7625 | view details
- Royal Oak Taphouse, 714 S Washington Ave | (248) 548-9377 | view details
- Bar Louie, 510 South Main St | (248) 951-2195 | view details
- Dixie Moon Saloon, 111 South Main Street | (248) 850-7075 | view details
- DUO Restaurant & Lounge, 29555 Northwestern Hwy | 248.996.9929 | view details
- 526 Main, 526 S Main St | (248) 591-9000 | view details
- O'Toole's, O'Tooles Irish Pub | (248) 591-9226 | view details
Browse Homes In Royal Oak Neighborhood
Back to: Royal Oak Real Estate Listings
Latest Blog Posts
For years, Detroit's two main claims to fame were for being the birthplace of the automotive industry and the classic Motown...Read More
Known by the nickname "Motor City," Detroit and its many suburbs combine for a sprawling metro area of about 4.3 million...Read More
Nicknamed "Motor City," Detroit and its suburbs are part of an expansive metro area that is home to a population of 4.3 million...Read More
How can home prices be rising so rapidly when we have such a high unemployment rate? The Case-Schiller...Read More
Will interest rates stay low, or should you act now before they rise again? In 2020, buyers got a big...Read More
Michigan is known for its Great Lakes, but it's actually home to more than 11,000 different inland lakes spread across its two...Read More
The state of Michigan is home to over 650 public golf courses designed by some of the world's best golf architects. Fortunately...Read More
For residents of Detroit or for those visiting the Motor City who are interested in experiencing an outdoor adventure on the...Read More
IDX provided courtesy of Realcomp II Ltd., via Keller Williams Realty, Copyright 2021 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified.