Troy Homes & Real Estate
Search the newest Troy, MI homes for sale & real estate below! Troy is the largest city in Oakland county featuring award-winning schools, over 200 international employers, as well as the Somerset Collection luxury Mall. Troy was ranked by US News as one of the safest cities in the United States. For more information about Troy properties for sale, including previous pricing history, property disclosures, and more, or to arrange a home showing, contact your LOCAL real estate experts today. Read more about Troy real estate.
Homes For Sale in Troy MI
Troy Real Estate Search
This page is updated with Troy home listings several times per day directly from the Troy, Michigan MLS.
Each Troy MLS listing includes: the property price, days on the market, square footage, year built, lot size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, assigned schools, construction type, and other important details as entered by the listing agent in the MLS.
Also, review local Troy, MI property tax information and the current listing status (active, under contract, or pending). As available, numerous property features such as greenbelt locations, views, swimming pools, and Troy community amenities, including parks and golf courses, will be listed.
Troy is the best of both worlds with great neighborhoods and world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment. Somerset Collection, located in the heart of the City an upscale mall with over 180 stores, boutiques, and restaurants and has been described by Fodor's Magazine, "one of the top shopping malls in the United States." The community offers plenty of parks and recreation activities and programs such as adult and youth sports leagues, a nature center, golf courses, and an aquatic center.
Troy Michigan is considered one of the safest cities in the nation and second-most ethnically diverse in the state. Homes in Troy city are considered by many to be very affordable housing, and surrounded by A+ rated schools. Troy offers the finest high-end office space in the Midwest, world-class shopping and dining, and over 900 acres of parklands.
Troy Michigan - Education
Today Troy is serviced by 4 school districts as well as several private schools and secondary education facilities. Well over sixty percent of the homes in Troy fall under the Troy School District, with the balance attending the Birmingham School District, Avondale, and Warren Consolidated.
Troy School District
The majority of homes for sale in Troy fall under the Troy School District. Currently, there are just over 12,000 students attending four high schools, four middle schools, & twelve elementary schools. Currently, there are 53 languages spoken in the school district, and Troy has a specific bilingual student program to assist students whose second language is English. In 2004 Troy approved a $119 million dollar bond to build a new international school, replace the aging Baker Middle School & upgrade technologies throughout the district.
- The Troy school district has been consistently named one of the best communities for music education in the United States as per U.S. News.
- Troy is one of four metro Detroit Districts to receive an A+ rating by the Detroit News.
- Two of the Four high schools in Troy have been named in the top 5% of all high schools in the US by Newsweek Mag.
- Every school in Troy is a Michigan Blue Ribbon School.
- Troy is also one of the top feeder school districts for both U of M and Michigan State.
- There are 19 advanced placement courses that can earn college credit.
Roughly 30% of the homes for sale in Troy will fall under the Birmingham, Avondale, and Warren Consolidated School Districts.
Service All of Birmingham, portions of Troy, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, Franklin, and the north part of Southfield Township. There are currently 8 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 2 high schools. Academics are a focus in the district, and subsequently, they are repeated blue ribbon award winners.
Avondale School District
Currently services Auburn Hills primarily, but also has students from Bloomfield Twp, Rochester Hills, and Troy. Named Avondale after Rochester Hills' previous name Avon Twp.
Warren Consolidated School District
One of the largest districts in size and student count. Currently at 16,000 students attending 14 Elementary Schools, 6 middle schools, and 7 high schools. Currently, the district covers Warren, Sterling Heights, and Troy.
Troy Michigan Restaurants
Troy's corporate sector attracts some of the best franchise and non-franchise restaurants in the state. Here are a few of our and our clients' favorites!
The Alibi - 6700 Rochester Road
The Alibi is, hands down, the best pizza in Troy. A large family-owned establishment that's been a Troy tradition for 60 years. We've been told they have great ribs & fish and chips as well, but only having been there 40 times, we haven't made it past the pizza yet.
The Capital Grille - 2800 West Big Beaver Road
The Capital Grille is one of our go-to favorites. It's both a great lunch spot for longer business lunches as well as a good upscale restaurant to take the fam. The Capital Grille prides itself on service and multiple courses to enjoy.
Ocean Prime - 2915 Coolidge Highway
Ocean Prime is another upscale Troy restaurant. Things to try at Ocean Prime? The snapper, lobster bisque, & crab cakes. We've found the steak to be spot on and deserts fantastic.
Recipes of Troy - 2919 Crooks Road
Recipes of Troy is one of the top breakfast spots in Troy. It opened in 2003 and has since been recognized by USA Today, the Daily Tribune, Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, and Hour Magazine. They've been voted best breakfast restaurant twice by readers.
Kona Grill - 30 E Big Beaver Road
Kona Grill has a rating of 4.5 stars out of five, making it the best Asian Steakhouse in Troy. Try the Yamata Roll, Chicken Caprese sandwich, and King Crab roll. This spot is typically busy, and The Kona Gill provides complimentary valet parking to assist. This is also a top spot for baby showers and business events and features an on-site event planner. Don't forget the steak!
Kruse and Muer Wilshire - 911 Wilshire Drive
Kruse and Muer Wilshire, which is part of the larger locally owned Kruse and Muer Family of restaurants, does not disappoint, hast the second-best pizza in troy, great American/Italian fare, and the best breakfast buffet in the area featuring an omelet station, dessert station and more.
Maggiano's Little Italy- 2089 W Big Beaver
At Maggiano's Little Italy, you'll find solid Italian food with large portions featuring a now and later section of the menu. Buy one dinner for now; get one for later free!
Camp Ticonderoga - 5725 Rochester Road
Camp Ticonderoga is owned by the same Deadwood Bar and Grill owners in Northville; this place is not for the vegetarian. Featuring a cozy "Lodge" atmosphere and great meat-based food.
P.F. Chang's - 888 West Big Beaver
P.F.Chang's Is an upscale Chinese chain restaurant, a favorite go-to spot when feeling otherwise uninspired. The salt and pepper calamari isn't chewy or greasy, done right. The feature dish "Changs Chicken" is the most popular as well. The new Pad Thai is a departure from the typical Pad Thai, but they put a great twist on this dish.
Morton's The Steakhouse - 888 West Big Beaver
Morton's The Steakhouse is another great steakhouse, perfect for an upscale business meeting or night out without the kids. The Steaks are out of this world but also try a side of the mushrooms and spinach.
Troy Michigan Parks
Troy homes for sale are almost always within striking distance of area or neighborhood parks for outdoor fun. Troy is home to five community parks, one skate park, and ten neighborhood parks. The city parks have a mixture of woods, walking trails, open space, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, disc golf, shore fishing, tennis courts, play structures, a skate park, picnic areas and pavilions, and more.
In addition, there are indoor and outdoor aquatics and recreational programs for kids. The ten neighborhood parks are Beach Road Park, Beaver Trail Park, Brinston Park, Phillip J Huber Park, Milverton Park, North Glen Park, Redwood Park, Robinwood Park, Schroeder Park, & Sylvan Glen Lake Park. Here are the five major Troy Parks and skate parks with addresses.
Boulan Park - 3671 Crooks Road
One of the five major Troy Parks features three baseball diamonds, eight lighted tennis courts, five soccer fields, two sand volleyball courts, and over a mile of paved walking paths. Also, there are two play structures, two pavilions families can reserve, and a concession stand that operates during the summer season. This park is 63 acres in total.
Firefighters Park - 1300 West Square Lake
Our personal favorite park for families, this park has the Rouge River running through the north and east border, and on any given day, there are shore fishers looking for a great catch. In addition, there are nine soccer fields, a full eighteen-hole disc golf course that is well designed, and a challenge, volleyball courts, picnic shelters, and concession stands operated during soccer games. 96 total acres of fun for this park.
Donald Flynn Park - 1710 E. South Blvd
The smallest of the Troy parks at 25 acres in the northeast corner of Troy has four baseball diamonds and several leagues that play here. A great place to catch a game with the talent of tomorrow. Also, there's a play structure and concession stand. Located directly next to Sanctuary Lake Golf Course.
Jaycee Park - 1755 East Long Lake Road
Just over 45 acres, Jaycee Park, features two baseball diamonds, two full-sized and six small soccer fields, as well as two play structures. There are restrooms, a pavilion, and walking paths.
Raintree Park - 3775 John R Road
Raintree Park covers 41 acres and is half wooded and half-open. There is an eighteen-hole disc golf course, baseball diamond, two play structures, and picnic shelter. There is a paved walking path through the woods, and according to several who purchased Troy properties, this is the park to see the deer and the critters.
Troy Skate Park - 3179 Livernois Road
The Troy Skate Park is just north of the Community Center, with snacks and restrooms available at the center. It's a 10,000 square foot site with 26 ramps, wedges, and rails designed by HUNA. Its all-steel construction and Skatelite Pro surface provide an exceptionally smooth ride. Skateboards, inline skates (not traditional), and bikes are welcome (mountain and BMX bikes).
Troy Michigan Family Fun
Troy's central location makes houses for sale uniquely located close to family-friendly fun in Troy and its' surrounding communities. Neighboring communities have many favorite family spots as well.
- Airtime Trampoline & Game Park: Over 30,000 square feet of space filled with Trampolines, food, and fun featuring a separate area for dodge ball, a foam pit, and trampoline basketball. 662 East Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48083
- American Fun Centers: AFC has over 60 games for entertainment, including deal or no deal, dance revolution, guitar hero, and more. Over 30 ticket dispensing games for prizes and has party packages for parties and events. It also has the tried and true classics! Skee ball, hoop fever, air hockey, pinball, and more! 412 W 14 Mile Road Troy MI 48083
- Troy Family Aquatic Center: Four Pools, Four Lap Lanes, Two Waterslides, and Ten Million gallons of water. Is there a better way to describe this? There are several memberships and one day passes, and discounts for Troy Residents! 3425 Civic Center Drive Troy MI 48084
- Build-A-Bear Workshop: More than just bears and Olaf from Frozen just in! Fun for kids of all ages to pick the bear and build it on site Located in Somerset Collection
- Firefighters Park: The air is the freshest in Firefighters Park! Featuring 9 soccer fields, two playgrounds, disc golf, and riverbank fishing! 1800 West Square Lake Road Troy MI 48083
- Troy Historic Village: A hidden gem in Troy. If you're searching for houses for sale in Troy MI, this is the place to learn Troy History. Admission is only three dollars and has on-site the original one-room schoolhouse, turn of the century church, a log cabin, and more. It's like stepping back in time. 60 W Wattles Road Troy MI 48098
- Life Time Fitness: A must be mentioned all in one gym with water slides, indoor and outdoor pools, summer camps for kids, and more. It also has a daycare so the parents can stay in shape while the kiddos are entertained. Also, Lifetime has a kids academy with year-round activities for kids in all age ranges. 4700 Investment Drive Troy MI 48098
- Troy Gymnastics: A great place for kids to develop both physical and social skills. Known for caring instructors and smaller class sizes. Also, reviews have consistently mentioned its cleanliness. 1600 West Maple Road Troy MI 48184
- Aqua-Tots: Looking for a place for kids to learn to swim? Aqua-Tots never has more than four students per class, keeping a great individual focus. Great for safety and learning. 846 East Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48083
Troy Michigan Nightlife
- Granite City Food and Brewery: A great starting spot (or ending spot) to the night, open to 1 am, and has American comfort food and craft beer brewed on-site. This upscale pub food is worth trying. 699 West Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48084
- Champps Americana: Mid-upper scale chain with 41 locations nationwide. Features fresh on-site made food, a large bar, and a ton of TVs. Not a bad seat in the house if you want to watch the game 301 West Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48084
- MJR Digital Cinema 16: a Movie Theater located in Troy with a concession stand, 3D movies, & IMAX. 100 East Maple Road Troy MI 48083
- Bahama Breeze: Great for drinks and snacks. For dinner, it's alright, but a great hang-out place after work. Try the coconut shrimp and chocolate Pineapple upside-down cake. 539 East Big Beaver Road Troy MI 48083
We couldn't mention all the benefits of looking for homes for sale in Troy, MI without mentioning the upscale Somerset Mall (Somerset Collection). This is Metro Detroit's premier "Collection" of retailers and has a little of something for everyone. It's two malls in one! Somerset Collection spans both sides of Big Beaver and is connected by a walkway on the second floor. Currently, there are more than 180 retailers in the mall: Somerset Collection features:
- Valet Service: Available at each main entrance for five dollars; Valet Parking is complimentary to all shoppers with a handicapped sticker.
- Alterations: Just buy that perfect suit from Hugo Boss? There's a tailor on-site for alterations and can often have the clothing back to you the same day.
- Gift Wrapping Service: Located at Concierge South, complimentary wrapping is offered year-round.
- Special Events: Somerset Collection hosts several events throughout the year, including yoga classes, Santa for the kids, fashion shows, and more.
Somerset Collections anchor stores include Nordstroms, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, and Sacks Fifth Avenue. In addition to that, there are several top luxury brand stores, including but not limited to Cartier, L.K. Bennett, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Tiffany, Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss, MaxMara, Omega, and Coach.
In Somerset North, there's a grouping of ten restaurants in what's called the Peacock Cafe that also features free wifi. Also, there's a P.F. Changs, Tuscan Grill, McCormick and Schmicks, California Pizza Kitchen, and The Capital Grille.
Troy Michigan Employment
Troy is one of Michigan's most populated business centers, housing companies spanning the automotive and financial sectors. Because of its location and excellent climate for business, its land value is second only to the Ren Cen District in Detroit.
The top Troy Employers in order is a veritable who's who of the Forbes 500 list. These include:
- Bank of America
- DuPont Automotive
- Flagstar Bank
- J.D. Power and Associates
- Kelly Services
- The Kresge Foundation
- Magna Powertrain
A Brief History of Troy Michigan
Originally named Troy Corners, it was established in 1819 through Johnson Niles purchasing 160 acres and renaming the farm Troy Corners. The township was established in 1827 and incorporated in 1955 as a strategy to prevent neighboring cities from annexing additional land away.
The Troy Historic Village is an interactive historical museum that has been passionate about chronicling the progression of Troy's development. They've kept intact or recreated an 18th-century schoolhouse, general store, blacksmith shop, and church. The turn of the century church is still available for weddings. Today Troy, MI covers 33.64 miles with homes for sale varying in both age and style.
Current Day Troy Michigan
Today looking for real estate in Troy, Michigan will put a family right in the middle of a bustling community rich in culture and commerce. Located in Oakland County Michigan, it is home to 80,980 people as of the 2010 census making it the 11th largest city in Michigan by population and the largest in the county. Many people are shocked by the diversity and richness of culture in Troy, as many identify Troy instead with business shirts and power lunches.
Troy, MI Real Estate Agents
Want to buy or sell a home in Troy? Let our Troy, Michigan real estate experts help you through the purchase of your new Troy property or expertly negotiate the sale of your current residence. As local real estate agents, we're experts on the dynamics unique to Troy, Michigan real estate.
Connect with The Perna Team to learn more about buyer or seller representation. If you're selling your Troy home, review our market analysis page to discover the possible resale value of your property!
Search Homes For Sale in Troy
Back to All Featured Communities