Located in southern Oakland County and 25 miles northwest of Detroit, you'll find a variety of gorgeous Novi homes for sale. Novi is a city that encourages active community participation from supporting youth initiatives to protecting environmentally sensitive areas. As well, residents enjoy a range of stable job opportunities and high-quality educational opportunities.
Zoning for this Area
Real Estate Statistics
Homes For Sale in Novi MI & Real Estate Listings, Over $1,000,000
|All Listings||$100,000 - $200,000||$200,000 - $300,000|
|$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000||$500,000 - $600,000|
|$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000|
|$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
Homes For Sale in Novi MI & Real Estate Listings, Over $1,000,000
Homes for Sale in Novi MI
Located in southern Oakland County and 25 miles northwest of Detroit, you'll find a variety of gorgeous Novi homes for sale. The city encourages active community participation from supporting youth initiatives to protecting environmentally sensitive areas. As well, residents enjoy a range of stable job opportunities and high-quality educational opportunities.
Beginning with the construction of the Twelve Oaks Mall in the 1970s, Novi real estate has experienced rapid commercial, industrial, and population growth.
Novi Featured Neighborhoods
Living In Novi MI Real Estate
Novi is one of the top Oakland County communities for research, service, and technology companies. Homes for sale in Novi MI offer a tremendous variety of options from luxurious homes in Autumn Park and custom-built homes in gated communities, to affordable single-family homes close to schools. Novi housing comes in a range of styles such as Colonial, Ranch, and Cape Cod. Novi real estate also includes a significant amount of new construction.
Amenities Near Novi Homes For Sale
Health Care In Novi MI
Homes for sale in Novi have access to an exceptional health care system. The Providence Park Hospital is part of a 200-acre health care campus. Henry Ford Health Systems offers a range of services for children and adults. In additional, Trinity Health, a Catholic health system, and Botsford both have headquarters or facilities near Novi real estate.
Parks in Novi MI
Parks exist throughout the Novi community. Lakeshore Park is one of the largest parks in southeast Michigan. The Tollgate Farm is used by the Michigan State University for educational and agricultural purposes. Softball and baseball games are played in Ella Mae Power Park. The city has worked at preserving environmentally sensitive areas around the Huron Lake watershed and the Rouge River watershed. Services and amenities offered in parks surrounding Novi MI homes for sale include walking trails, an amphitheater at Fuerst Park for summer performances, playgrounds, bike paths, picnic shelters, and courts for tennis and basketball.
Art in Novi MI
Residents of Novi real estate are actively involved in a number of important ventures. Art initiatives include public art displays in a variety of areas and galleries and outdoor sculptures throughout the community. Youth are encouraged to join the Youth Council where youth can contribute to making Novi a better community to live in. Environmental concerns and issues are addressed and residents are encouraged to live “greener” lifestyles through initiatives such as making Novi a walkable community.
Have a question about Novi real estate? Contact The Perna Team online, or call (248) 425-5082 to speak to one of our fantastic agents today!
Novi MI Schools
Families looking at homes for sale in Novi MI will find there are 4 school districts that service Novi. They fall into either Novi Schools, Northville Schools, Walled Lake Schools or South Lyon Schools depending on location. Below find info on each one.
The Novi School District:
This is Novi's largest district covering almost 9 square miles. You can search for homes for sale in the Novi school district here. Currently, all schools are ranking 9's and 10's as per GreatSchools.org. Novi schools feature:
• 11 preschool classes
• 5 K-4 elementary schools
• 1 upper (5-6) elementary school
• 1 middle school (7-8)
• 1 high school
• 6,266 K-12 students
• 5 foreign languages taught
• International Baccalaureate (IB) high school diploma program offered
• 16 advanced placement courses
• Click Here for Additional Novi School Information
The Northville School District:
The Northville School District is one of Michigan's faster-growing district. Though only 3.5 miles of Novi are covered, there are almost 14 square miles covered. Northville also features a US News and World Report Best High School Ranking and a perfect 10 out of 10 Ranking from "GreatSchools.org" families purchasing homes for sale in Novi in this district have access to the best of the best, including:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- 49% High School AP program participation rate
- A student-to-teacher ratio of 24:1
- 427 Full-Time Teachers
- 82% of the Professional Staff hold Advanced Degrees
- A student body of over 7,000 students
The Walled Lake School District:
Additional Information on Walled Lake Consolidated Schools can be found here. The Walled Lake School District servicing Novi MI Real Estate includes fourteen elementary schools, four middle schools, three high schools, and one alternative school. The service area of Walled Lake Schools includes Novi, Farmington Hills, Orchard Lake, Walled Lake proper, Wixom, Commerce, West Bloomfield, White Lake and Wolverine Lake. It's currently the largest district in Oakland County servicing over 15,600 students and employs 1600 teachers, clerical and more.
South Lyon School District:
More information can be found on the South Lyon Community School District by clicking here. South Lyon Community Schools are one of the few multi-county school districts covering a portion of Novi, as well as additional homes in Oakland County, Livingston County, and Washtenaw County. The district consists of 11 total schools. There are two high schools, two middle schools, and seven elementary schools. Also, South Lyon features an Early Childhood Center as well. Little known fact, South Lyon Schools started in 1834 as a one-room schoolhouse. With school rankings moving up into the 8-10 ranking zones (as per GreatSchools.org) in recent years South Lyon Schools has also become a sought after district.
Additional Novi Schools:
Novi is also home to several private and post-High School schools as well.
In addition to these, there are many families that take advantage of the private education systems of neighboring cities including Our Lady of Victory, Sorrows, St. Fabian, Mercy High School, Ladywood High School, U of D Jesuit High School and Academy, Brother Rice High School, Marian High School, and Roeper School. The Neighboring community of Northville also features the only bus stop for Detroit County Day.
Back to Novi Real Estate Listings
Community Information About Novi, MI
Homes for sale in Novi MI are in a city with a population of roughly 55,224 (as of the 2010 Census) It's located approximately 25 miles from the Novi border and has several freeways that provide easy access to downtown Detroit, Troy Michigan and Dearborn Michigan which house several of the area's largest employers. In addition to this it's about 30 minutes from Ann Arbor Michigan as well. Novi changed from a township to a city in 1969 and adopted a city charter by a citywide vote. The name Novi was given by J.C. Emery in 1832 and there are several misconceptions surrounding this. The most common is Novi being the 6th (Roman Numeral VI) stop from Downtown Detroit on the rail, the 6th mail stop or 6th town from Detroit. The most likely origin of the name is the Latin "Novi" meaning "New". Also, Novi was named number 48 in Money Magazine's top 100 places to live in 2008.
ITC Transmissions, Novi Energy and Patrick Energy Services all have their headquarters in Novi, as well, Kroger Regional Offices and Toyota America opened offices in 2002. Toyota began with a small office of 10 employees but quickly grew to two locations in Novi with 210 total employees by 2013. Over the last few years Novi has grown it's economic base through the Telematics and automotive industries now housing a total of 5,000 small and large business including but not limited to Cooper-Standard Automotive, Freescal Semiconductor, Elektrobit, Harman/Becker Automotive, Tognum, Howa USA Holdings, and Ryder Systems.
According to the City's 2010 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report the top public and private sector employers in the city are:
|#||Employer||# of Employees|
|1||Novi Community School District||809|
|4||St. John Providence Health System||500|
|5||Comau North America||325|
|6||Suburban Collection Showplace||280|
|7||City of Novi||254|
|9||Caparo Vehicle Component||250|
Speaking from The Perna Team's personal experience, Novi has some of the best restaurants in the area, a huge benefit to purchasing one of the homes for sale in Novi. A few of our locally owned non-franchise restaurants include:
- China Cafe (4.5 Stars)
- Diamond Jim Brady's (4.5 Stars)
- One World Market (4.5 Stars)
- Steve and Rocky's (4 Stars)
- Toasted Oak Grill & Market (4 Stars)
Novi Family Fun
Novi is in the center of it all! Featuring beaches, zoo's parks and more there's a ton of family fun for buyers looking for homes for sale. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- Lakeshore Park: Access to Walled Lake for beach and swimming fun
- Located at: 601 S Lake Drive, Novi, MI 48377
- Maybury State Park: 1000acresofscenichiking,biking,cross country skiing and horseback riding
- 20145 Beck Road, Northville, MI 48167
- Emagine Theater: A large movie theater surrounded by 4 restaurants and featuring IMAX 3D
- 44425 W. 12 Mile Road Novi, MI
- Heritage Park: 2011 acres featuring a history museum, hiking and more
- Farmington Rd, Farmington Hills, MI
- The Detroit Zoo: One of the largest in the Mid-West, located in Royal Oak MI and has many seasonal events. Housing 3,000 animals, over 125acres and a nice1.7 mile walk.
- 8450 W. 10 Mile Road Royal Oak, MI 48067
- Parmenter's Cider Mill: A Novi & Northville tradition, the oldest business in the area in operation
- 714 Baseline Road, Northville, MI 48167
- Chuck E. Cheese: In Novi'sfountain walk.
44275 Twelve Mile Road- D134 Novi, MI, 48377
- Cranbrook Institute of Science: Fun with learning on topics such as natural history and extinct animals.Also they have fun rotating exhibits, there's always something new!
- 39221 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
- Greenfield Village: Detroit Motor City Pride and History lives! Dedicatedtopreservign the outstanding automotive achievement through history and showcasing exceptional firsts in automotive
- 21400 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn, MI 48124
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum: Adults and children play and interact with each other and nature. The Museum as an about me, preschool gallery, Michigan Nature gallery and the world around you.
- 220 East Ann Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Campus Martius Park: Activities throughout the year include the Free Press Marathon, live concerts, ice skating and more
- 800 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48226
- Comerica Park: Home of the Detroit Tigers featuring a Ferris Wheel and real elephant ears! Catch a game, and hopefully a fly ball!
- 2100 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201
- Joe Louis Arena: Home of the Detroit Red Wings and the largest indoor venue in Detroit
- 600 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, MI
Novi is a city with a bustling nightlife with several bars and clubs. In addition to that Plymouth, Royal Oak and Downtown Detroit are all within a near drive and have fantastic nightlifes as well. Some of the most popular night locations are:
- 29 Park: Over 9000 square feet of entertainment typically featuring a DJ
- Atrium Lounge: A Novi favorite martini bar found within the Crowne Plaza hotel
- Bar Louie: Featuring a large open bar with great food and no bad spot in the place to watch the game
- The Library Pub: A cozy sports pub designed to feel like a pub in Ireland
- Lucky's: Nicknamed the Chuck E. Cheese for adults, features games such as air hockey, ski-ball and more
- Novi Bowl: Great adult and family fun both, open to midnight most days of the week.
- On The Border: This Cinco de Mayo event features an outside tent with live music throughout the day and deep into the night. The 5th of May go-to spot
- Uptown Grille in West Bloomfield: On the Novi border, featuring both great food as well as live bands and a great venue for sports
- One Under Bar and Banquet: A longtime Livonia resident favorite. Banquet hall on top, bar down below featuring live bands, DJ's and outdoor holiday venues
Real Estate Agents In Novi MI
If you are going to relocate to Novi, MI, then you are going to need the best Novi Real Estate Agents. Look no further than: The Perna Team. The Perna Team is the premiere Novi real estate agent team. They list homes for sale in Novi, as well as help buyers, find a home in Novi. The Perna Team lives and works in Novi. Call us today at 248-270-2222 to get your Novi home on the market.
Novi MI Frequently Asked Questions
What County is Novi In?
The city of Novi MI is located in Oakland County and encompasses much of Walled Lake, the largest in the city and one of the largest in the area.
How Far is Novi From Detroit?
The city of Novi MI is located about 25 miles northwest of Detroit, and It is about 25 miles northeast of the center of Ann Arbor. The city's location provides direct access to several major freeways including I-96, I-696, I-275 and M-5.
What To Do In Novi?
There are many great restaurants and activities in Novi, MI including China Cafe and One Under Bar but for a full list, check out our Novi MI activity listing above.
What (When) Is the Novi Home Show?
The Novi Home Show is an HGTV lover's dream! Put on by the builders association, the Novi Home Show is a "conference" event that shows off the latest and greatest in home remodeling and provides a platform for service providers to meet the public. You can read more about The Novi Home Show here.
What Is the Suburban Showplace?
The Suburban Showplace is a convention center in Novi, Michigan. The Suburban Collection Showplace is owned by TBON, LLC., and is the second-largest convention center facility in Metro Detroit, after the Cobo Center in Downtown Detroit. The center hosts the Novi Home Show as well as the Michigan State Fair.
What Are Novi MI Zipcodes?
- ZIP Code 48374
- ZIP Code 48375
- ZIP Code 48377
- Part of Zip Code 48167
Browse Homes In Novi By Neighborhood
Browse Homes In Novi By Township
Browse Homes In Novi By High School District
Back to: Novi Real Estate Listings
IDX provided courtesy of Realcomp II Ltd., via Keller Williams Realty, Copyright 2020 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified.