Livonia Homes & Real Estate
Browse the top Livonia, MI homes for sale and real estate below. Located in the northwest part of Wayne County are Livonia homes for sale. The city is just 15 miles from Downtown Detroit and less than 2 miles from Detroit city limits, with over 94,000 people calling Livonia home. For further information regarding Livonia properties for sale, including prior sales history, price changes, property disclosures and more, or to request a private home showing, connect with your LOCAL real estate experts today! Read more about Livonia real estate.
Homes For Sale in Livonia MI
Livonia Real Estate Search
This page is updated with Livonia home listings several times per day directly from the Livonia, Michigan MLS.
Each Livonia MLS listing includes the property price, days on market, square footage, year built, lot size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, assigned schools, construction type, and other property details as entered by the listing agent in the MLS.
Also review local Livonia, MI property tax information and the current listing status (active, under contract, or pending). As available, numerous property features such as greenbelt locations, views, swimming pools, and Livonia community amenities including parks and golf courses will be listed.
The city is just 15 miles from Downtown Detroit and less than 2 miles from Detroit city limits, with over 94,000 people calling Livonia home.
Livonia is the home to the Livonia Hockey Association, the largest amateur hockey association in Michigan! Most homes for sale were built in the 1950s to 1960s. The city's population is at around 97,000. Livonia is a unique town with a feel of a small town with the perks of the city; it is the second-largest city in Wayne County and the eighth-largest city in Michigan.
Living in Livonia Real Estate
Livonia is a large suburb with various traditional neighborhoods. The city was originally settled by pioneers from New England and New York. Livonia holds luxurious homes, cape cods, and beautiful townhomes. Livonia is a unique town with a feel of a small town with the perks of the city. It is the 2nd largest city in Wayne County and the 8th largest city in Michigan.
Enjoying Homes for Sale in Livonia
The city's top hospital is St. Mary's Hospital. Livonia's top employers consist of CBS/Fox Video, General Motors Company, Comerica Bank, The Harvard Drup Group, Sears, Roebuck & Co, Tower International, TRW Automotive, and Awrey Bakeries. In addition to Livonia's schools, churches, libraries, parks, colleges, and its hospital, Livonia real estate properties are just minutes from a high fashion mall with over 74 stores, known as Laurel Park Place.
The city is tied to the community with its own community Recreation Center and the YMCA. Prospective buyers of Livonia homes for sale will love becoming a part of the community, with city-wide events throughout the year, many specializing in children's events. Livonia was also the former host of the only thoroughbred horse race track in the state until it closed in 1998.
Livonia is Served by both Livonia Public schools and the Clarenceville School District.
Livonia School District
Livonia Public Schools serves most of Livonia MI and a portion of Westland as well. In 2006 Livonia revised their curriculum to a four-tier system K-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-12 just as Farmington Public Schools had also, due to population shifts. In addition to the high schools, Livonia Students are able to take courses at the Livonia Career Technological Center. In addition, Livonia has been consistently ranked as one of the top districts in Michigan statewide since the 1960s.
Founded in 1837 serves a section of properties in Livonia, a section in Farmington Hills MI, and a section in Redford MI. 1940 students currently attend Clarenceville Schools with a staff of teachers, clerical, and admin of 270.
Additional Schools in Livonia
Homes for sale in Livonia are also in close proximity to several private and secondary schools as well.
- Saint Michael's School: A JK through 8th grade Catholic Parish and Elementary School and is a feeder school for Ladywood in Livonia as well as Catholic Central, U of D Jesuit, Mercy High School, and 19 other high schools
- St. Pauls Lutheran Church and School: Working closely with parents, teachers, and staff pride themselves in providing the area's premier Lutheran education with a focus on serving Jesus Christ
- Ladywood High School: An all-girls high school in Livonia focused on academic excellence.
- Schoolcraft University: Known nationally for its excellent culinary arts program and headed by four master chefs (CMC) which is the highest ratio of master chefs to student ratio in the country
- Madonna University: Run by the Felician Sisters with strong ties to the Roman Catholic Church is known for it's Nursing Program.
As well as multiple Private Schools. Livonia real estate is near the University of Phoenix, and Davenport University. Livonia has four Public Libraries, the Civic Center, Alfred Noble Library, Carl Sandburg Library, and the Vest Pocket Library.
Livonia restaurants offer a diverse selection within a short drive from much of the available real estate in Livonia. Many Livonia restaurants are locally owned and operated, and several are operated as part of a chain. Here below find a list of some of the best Livonia restaurants & our personal favorite spots!
- Bates Hamburgers: 63 reviews 5-star reviews on Trip Advisor can't be wrong! the best sliders in the area
- 1 Under: Locally owned by the 3 Dabish Brothers. Featuring the Killer Flamingos on Fridays, DJ on Saturday, Trivia on Sunday, and over 200 beers on tap. On top of that a killer burger, solid pizza, and more. Perfect for after a round of golf at Idyl Wyld
- J Alexander's Restaurant: Solid service and food, a favorite chain of ours with a good atmosphere
- Mitchell's Fish Market: The go-to place for fish in Livonia, known for their swordfish, shellfish, and daily delivery of one day out of water
- Fleming's: If you're looking for the best steak in Livonia this is the place. In addition, they have a wide selection of wine and a perfectly prepared lobster.
- Cantoro Italian Market: A 50 year Livonia tradition and our favorite destination for all stuff Italian. Cantoro's new grocery market and Livonia restaurant has gained immediate popularity
- Coaches Corner: Locally owned sports bar next to the Winter Garden. Great wings and great company. Not a bad seat in the house with 23 TV's always playing the game
Fun for All Ages in Livonia
Family activities are as important as everything else when shopping for homes for sale in Livonia. Below is a shortlist of some of our favorite things to do with our families on The Perna Team. Also at the bottom of the page are links to additional nearby communities with plenty to do with the family.
- AMC Livonia 20: Movies are always a good go-to, and this one features an IMAX
- Rotary Park: The park houses five shelters, picnic areas, athletic fields, tennis and volleyball courts, a garden, and walking trails.
- Merri-Bowl Lanes: Newly renovated 32 lanes with optional bumpers, featuring a full snack bar, pro-shop, moonlight, and glow bowl. They also have catered parties for families.
- Hines Park: More than 15 miles in length is a favorite of runners and features the Martian Marathon every April as well as a large disc golf course, sledding, playgrounds, baseball diamonds volleyball courts, and more
- Campus Martius Park: Activities throughout the year include the Free Press Marathon, live concerts, ice skating, and more
- Comerica Park: Home of the Detroit Tigers featuring a Ferris Wheel and real elephant ears! Catch a game, and hopefully a fly ball!
- Joe Louis Arena: Home of the Detroit Red Wings and the largest indoor venue in Detroit
- The Detroit Zoo: One of the largest in the Mid-West, located in Royal Oak MI, and has many seasonal events. Housing 3,000 animals, over 125 acres, and a nice 1.7-mile walk.
Nightlife in Livonia
Many of the homes in Livonia are positioned uniquely close to several popular nightlife spots, from bars to clubs to comedy there is a ton to do and explore!
- One Under: Not just a restaurant, but a local band spot, DJ, Trivia, and more. Often packed, is a local Livonia favorite and often charges a cover on Fridays due to its popularity.
- Winter Garden Tavern: Local, inexpensive, free pool tables from Sunday through Thursday and good food.
- Docs Sports Retreat: 70+ flat-screen TV's make it a true sports retreat with 30 tap beers, Keno, Charity Poker, all-season patio and more make it the Livonia sports destination. Try the wings!
- Dave and Busters: Chuck E. Cheese for adults! Bowling, billiards, arcade games, food, drink and more!
Livonia, MI Real Estate Agents
Preparing to buy or sell a home in Livonia? Allow our Livonia real estate experts to help you through the process of buying your new Livonia property or selling your current residence. As local real estate agents, we have up-to-date information on the distinct dynamics of Livonia, Michigan real estate.
Search Homes For Sale in Livonia
Back to All Featured Communities