Farmington Hills Homes & Real Estate
Find up-to-date Farmington Hills, MI homes for sale and real estate below! This area is a fine suburb of Detroit that is considered the second largest city in Oakland County. Searching for further information on properties for sale in Farmington Hills, including prior sales history, prices, and property disclosures? Set up a private home tour of any property listed below by contacting your LOCAL real estate experts today. Read more about Farmington Hills real estate.
Homes For Sale in Farmington Hills MI
Farmington Hills Real Estate Search
This page is updated with Farmington Hills home listings several times per day directly from the Farmington Hills, Michigan MLS.
Each Farmington Hills MLS listing includes the property price, days on market, square footage, year built, lot size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, assigned schools, construction type, and other important details as entered by the listing agent in the MLS.
Also review local Farmington Hills property tax information and the current listing status (active, under contract, or pending). As available, numerous property features such as greenbelt locations, views, swimming pools and Farmington Hills neighborhood amenities including parks and golf courses will be listed.
Buying Farmington Hills Real Estate
The area surrounding Farmington Hills real estate is the second-largest city in Oakland County in the United States, boasting an excellent economy. It is the location of many large employers, including the Nissan Technical Center North America, the Nissan Trading Corporation, Bosch, TD Auto Finance, Botsford Hospital, Quicken Loans, Gale, GreenPath Debt Solutions, and Farmington Public Schools. The convenient location of these companies and institutions puts Farmington Hills real estate in a perfect setting offering long-term economic growth potential.
Homes in Farmington Hills are diverse in both design and pricing. Starting from newly constructed, luxurious homes in Walnut Ridge, to beautiful townhomes for smaller families to commercial properties for thriving businesses, Farmington Hills homes for sale have something to offer everyone. There are numerous varieties of styles of homes for sale in Farmington MI to fit each individual's and family’s needs.
Starting from newly constructed, luxurious homes in Walnut Ridge, to beautiful townhomes for smaller families to commercial properties for thriving businesses, Farmington Hills homes have something to offer everyone.
Living in the Farmington Hills Community
Farmington Hills Location
Farmington Hills is located in southeastern Michigan; the community is a beautiful suburb of Detroit and is considered the second-largest city in Oakland County. As of the 2010 Census, nearly 80,000 people lived in Farmington Hills real estate. The region is perfectly located near a number of major thoroughfares, such as Grand River Avenue/M-5, Orchard Lake Road, 8 Mile Road, I696, and I275. The location provides easy access to downtown Detroit, Ann Arbor, Royal Oak, Southfield, and many other suburbs in the region.
Farmington Hills History and Culture
European settlement of the region began in 1820. Originally called Quakertown, the name was changed to Farmington in 1826, to be officially incorporated in 1926. Residents of Farmington Hills enjoy the city’s rich history and dynamic community. In 1964, the city celebrated the first Founders Festival, which is now held each summer providing fun entertainment, arts and crafts, shows and great food. Take a garden tour, and visit the city’s historic architecture such as the Longacre House and Warner Mansion, art galleries, shops, and library.
The Downtown centre provides an exciting destination for everyone, offering excellent dining, fantastic boutiques, a weekly farmer’s market, and a vintage movie theater! The city is also the home of the Holocaust Memorial Center, the only Holocaust Memorial in the entire State of Michigan. Local residents live in a unique gem of a community, check out Farmington Hills homes for sale for excellent opportunities to become a member!
Farmington Hills Schools
Parents considering buying Farmington Hills homes for sale will love that the city is served by Farmington Public Schools. There are four High Schools, two Middle Schools, two Upper Elementary Schools, nine Elementary Schools, two Early Childhood Centers, and five Special Services Centers. The region is also served by the Walled Lake School District as well as the Clarenceville School District. In addition to the opportunities created by the public schools, there are several private schools educating the area’s children, such as Mercy High School, St. Fabian, Concordia Lutheran School, and Hillel Day School. In addition, there is a branch of the Oakland Community College system located within the city’s limits, offering quality, affordable college opportunities to the area’s residents.
Farmington Public Schools
At the start of the 2014 school year, there were 10,871 students in attendance serving most of Farmington Hills and a small portion of West Bloomfield. There's a total district staff of 1380 making the Farmington School District the second largest employer in Farmington and Farmington Hills as well. Many of the teachers and staff have gone on to purchase homes making for a very stable community.
Walled Lake Schools
Additional information on Walled Lake Consolidated Schools can be found here. The Walled Lake School district servicing Farmington Hills includes fourteen elementary schools, four middle schools, three high schools, and one alternative school. The service area of Walled Lake Schools includes Novi, Farmington Hills, Orchard Lake, Walled Lake proper, Wixom, Commerce, West Bloomfield, White Lake, and Wolverine lake. It's currently the largest district in Oakland County servicing over 15,600 students and employs 1600 teachers, clerical staff, and more.
Founded in 1837, Clarenceville School District serves a section of the real estate in Farmington Hills, a section in Livonia, and a section in Redford. Currently, there are approximately 1940 students with a staff of 270.
Farmington Hills Parks and Recreation
One thing individuals and families want to consider when looking into a new area is the number of places available for healthy outdoor recreation. Potential buyers of Farmington Hills property will be pleased to know that this region boasts spectacular opportunities to get outside, including Heritage Park and Woodland Hills Nature Park. Further, the city is located within a quick drive to Maybury State Park and Kensington Metro Park. Farmington Hills Parks and Recreation department also offers many opportunities for youth and family activities, from soccer to camps to dog parks!
Restaurants in Farmington Hills
There is no lack of great restaurants within a short drive from any of the homes for sale in Farmington Hills. Below find a list of some of the best Farmington Hills Restaurants, as well see our sections on Royal Oak, Novi, Northville, Livonia, and Plymouth for additional community recreation very close to Farmington Hills.
- Buddy's Pizza: Looking for a 5-star pizza place? This is it, both Yelp reviews and Trip Advisor agree, this is one of the area's best pizzeria's
- Tomatoes Apizza: Real Italian Style thin crust pizza. The chef here studied with a world-class chef in New York and is a nationally known destination spot.
- Breakfast Club: With 95 reviews above 4 stars it's easy to tell why there's always a wait to get a table. Service and food both are phenomenal!
- Recipes: The other best breakfast place in Farmington Hills and again get ready for the wait to get it.
- El Patio: Spanish for The Patio, but don't be fooled by the simple name! This one is the hidden Gem of Farmington Hills Mexican Food.
- Basement Burger Bar: They have a full menu with 12 delicious burger topping themes or a your own burger or salad menu
- Bates Hamburgers of Farmington Hills: Move over White Castle, THESE are the best sliders around!
- Steven Lelli's on the Green: For the locals, just like the Detroit Lelli's, treat yourself to the steak or Lobster, it's what they do.
- John Cowley's and Sons: Excellent authentic Irish on the main level, great bar and bands upstairs. The owner is almost always there, and almost always ready to have a conversation about Catholic Central Football
Fun for All Ages in Farmington Hills
There are some unique attractions close to homes for sale in Farmington Hills MI, as well in the surrounding area that are fun for the entire family. Here's a partial list based on our & our past clients' favorite spots to take the kids.
- Marvelous Marvins Mechanical Museum: This is not your mother's museum! This one features all the carnival-style mechanical one can remember from childhood (and many we can't!) This is a must for every family
- Bonaventure Skating Rink: Another Farmington Hills Exclusive, a total flashback to the '70s and '80s with neon lights, video games, and the "Cosby" moment to bond every family should have
- Goldfish Swim School: Parents keep telling me the same thing, the teachers are good at what they do - teach kids to swim and keep them safe.
- Zap Zone Extreme Ltd: Exactly as it sounds, good old fashioned wholesome laser tag
- Holocaust Memorial Center: The only of its kind in the United States, is a great field trip with teens to remember where we came from
- Heritage Park: 2011 acres featuring a history museum, hiking, and more.
- Franklin Cider Mill: Apples, cider donuts, and more! In historic downtown Franklin, one of the oldest working mills in the area
- Campus Martius Park: Activities throughout the year include the Free Press Marathon, live concerts, ice skating, and more
- Comerica Park: Home of the Detroit Tigers featuring a Ferris Wheel and real elephant ears! Catch a game, and hopefully a fly ball!
- Joe Louis Arena: Home of the Detroit Red Wings and the largest indoor venue in Detroit
- The Detroit Zoo: One of the largest in the Mid-West, located in Royal Oak MI, and has many seasonal events. Housing 3,000 animals, over 125 acres, and a nice 1.7-mile walk.
Nightlife in Farmington Hills
Farmington Hills has a mix of some of the best nightlife in Metro Detroit. See our other pages on additional areas worth exploring as well! If your shopping for homes for sale in Farmington Hills, a quick drive will get you to any of the below nightlife spots, or any other surrounding communities.
- Bottom of the 5th: A Farmington Hills Sports Bar Favorite, good pizza, good burgers, big screens
- iHookah Lounge: Personal Tv's, couches, & great music. The best place to hang out with a small group of friends.
- Shots Tavern: Known as a chill kind of place, has Saturday Night Karaoke, and close to the best slider place in town!
- Scores Sports Bar: Dollar Taco Tuesdays are worth checking out, one of the best "Neighborhood Bars" in the area
Thank you again for taking the time to explore homes for sale Farmington Hills MI! We hope you found the community information here helpful and please let us know if you have any questions on Farmington Hills real estate.
Farmington Hills, MI Real Estate Agents
Considering the purchase of a home in Farmington Hills? Allow our Farmington Hills real estate experts to guide you through the purchase of your new Farmington Hills property or the sale of your current residence. As local real estate agents, we have insider knowledge on the dynamics unique to Farmington Hills, Michigan real estate.
Connect with The Perna Team to get more information about buyer or seller representation. Thinking of selling your home in today's Farmington Hills, MI real estate market? Head to our market analysis page to receive a free property evaluation instantly!
Back to All Featured Communities