The real estate market is still on fire with 51% of homes closed in May of 2021 selling ABOVE asking...Read More
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Zoning for this Area
Real Estate Statistics
Farmington Hills Real Estate Listings, $800,000 - $900,000
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$800,000 - $900,000|
|$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
Farmington Hills Real Estate Listings, $800,000 - $900,000
Farmington Hills Homes For Sale
Search Farmington Hills Homes for Sale in Michigan!
Farmington Hills is located in southeastern Michigan. This area is a fine suburb of Detroit that is considered the second largest city in Oakland County. Farmington Hills is also considered one of the safest cities in the state as well as the country. In 2010, it ranked as the 30th safest city in the United States!
Starting from newly constructed, luxurious homes in Walnut Ridge, to beautiful town homes for smaller families to commercial properties for thriving businesses, Farmington Hills homes have something to offer everyone.
Farmington Hills Featured Neighborhoods
Interested in Farmington Hills homes for sale? Contact The Perna Team for up-to-date Farmington Hills real estate information.
Buying Farmington Hills Real Estate
The area surrounding Farmington Hills real estate is the second largest city in Oakland County in the United States, boasting an excellent economy. It is the location of many large employers, including the Nissan Technical Center North America, the Nissan Trading Corporation, Bosch, TD Auto Finance, Botsford Hospital, Quicken Loans, Gale, GreenPath Debt Solutions, and Farmington Public Schools. The convenient location of these companies and institutions puts Farmington Hills real estate in a perfect setting offering long term economic growth potential.
Homes in Farmington Hills are diverse in both design and pricing. Starting from newly constructed, luxurious homes in Walnut Ridge, to beautiful town homes for smaller families to commercial properties for thriving businesses, Farmington Hills homes for sale have something to offer everyone. There are numerous varieties of styles of homes for sale in Farmington MI to fit each individual's and family’s needs.
Farmington Hills Testimonials of Past Clients:
Living In The Farmington Hills Community
Farmington Hills is located in southeastern Michigan; the community is a beautiful suburb of Detroit, and is considered the second largest city in Oakland County. As of the 2010 Census, nearly 80,000 people lived in Farmington Hills real estate. The region is perfectly located near a number of major thoroughfares, such as Grand River Avenue/M-5, Orchard Lake Road, 8 Mile Road, I696, and I275. The location provides easy access to downtown Detroit, Ann Arbor, Royal Oak, Southfield, and many other suburbs in the region.
History and Culture
European settlement of the region began in 1820. Originally called Quakertown, the name was changed to Farmington in 1826, to be officially incorporated in 1926. Residents of Farmington Hills enjoy the city’s rich history and dynamic community. In 1964, the city celebrated the first Founders Festival, which is now held each summer providing fun entertainment, arts and crafts, shows and great food. Take a garden tour, and visit the city’s historic architecture such as the Longacre House and Warner Mansion, art galleries, shops, and library. The Downtown centre provides an exciting destination for everyone, offering excellent dining, fantastic boutiques, weekly farmer’s market, and a vintage movie theater! The city is also the home of the Holocaust Memorial Center, the only Holocaust Memorial in the entire State of Michigan. Local residents live in a unique gem of a community, check out Farmington Hills homes for sale for excellent opportunities to become a member!
One of the main reasons buyers look for available homes in Farmington Hills, MI is that the city is dedicated to making sure its residents are safe. In 2010, the city was ranked at the 30th safest city in the United States, and is also ranked 2nd safest in Michigan! This safety is possible due to a police department that has made creating a safe community its top priority, and employs a strong community policing philosophy. In addition, the region has one of the top hospitals, Botsford Hospital, found just steps from most Farmington Hills homes for sale. Botsford Hospital is known for their amazing birthing center and their top nursing staff, and offers piece of mind for the community. The city is also home to The Mayor's Youth Council, a teen committee which provides service with a mission to provide a welcoming community for everyone. For example, the teens helped build the Riley Skate Park (the largest skate park in the Midwest), and routinely run city wide events, all while hosting their own talk show! They also partner with the Multi-Racial Multi-Cultural Commission (MMRMC).
Parents considering buying Farmington Hills homes for sale will love that the city is served by Farmington Public Schools. There are four High Schools, two Middle Schools, two Upper Elementary Schools, nine Elementary Schools, two Early Childhood Centers, and five Special Services Centers. The region is also served by the Walled Lake School District as well as the Clarenceville School District. In addition to the opportunities created by the public schools, there are several private schools educating the area’s children, such as Mercy High School, St. Fabian, Concordia Lutheran School, and Hillel Day School. In addition, there is a branch of the Oakland Community College system located within the city’s limits, offering quality, affordable college opportunities to the area’s residents.
Parks and Recreation
One thing individuals and families want to consider when looking into a new area is the amount of places available for healthy outdoor recreation. Potential buyers of Farmington Hills property will be pleased to know that this region boasts spectacular opportunities to get outside, including Heritage Park and Woodland Hills Nature Park. Further, the city is located within a quick drive to Maybury State Park and Kensington Metro Park. Farmington Hills Parks and Recreation department also offers many opportunities for youth and family activities, from soccer to camps to dog parks!
More on the Farmington Hills School District
Farmington Hills falls under one of three school districts: Farmington, Walled Lake, and Clarenceville. Farmington services by and far the majority of homes for sale in Farmington Hills with roughly 25% of the students going to Walled Lake and Clarenceville.
At the start of the 2014 school year there were 10,871 students in attendance serving most of Farmington Hills and a small portion of West Bloomfield. There's a total district staff of 1380 making the Farmington School District the second largest employer in Farmington and Farmington Hills as well. Many of the teachers and staff have gone on to purchase homes making for a very stable community.
There are currently nine elementary schools, listed here:
- Beechview Elementary School
- Forest Elementary School
- Gill Elementary School
- Highmeadow Common Campus
- Hillside Elementary School
- Kenbrook Elementary School
- Lanigan Elementary School
- Longacre Elementary School
- Wood Creek Elementary School
In addition there are two Upper Middle Schools:
- Warner Middle School
- Power Middle School
There are two middle schools:
- East Middle School
- O.E. Dunckel Middle School
Lastly there are four high schools, one of which is an alternative school, serving the community:
- Farmington High School (Farmington)
- Harrison High School (Farmington Hills)
- North Farmington High School (Farmington Hills)
- Farmington Central High School (Farmington Hills)
In addition to this there are several private schools including but not limited to:
- St. Fabian
- Mercy High School
- The International Academy
North Farmington (ranked 1112), Farmington (ranked 813) and Harrison High School (ranked 1190) routinely make Newsweeks list of top 1200 high schools in the nation and also they feature several AP courses.
Walled Lake Schools:
Additional Information on Walled Lake Consolidated Schools can be found here. The Walled Lake School district servicing Farmington Hills includes fourteen elementary schools, four middle schools, three high schools and one alternative school. The service area of Walled Lake Schools includes Novi, Farmington Hills, Orchard Lake, Walled Lake proper, Wixom, Commerce, West Bloomfield, White Lake and Wolverine lake. It's currently the largest district in Oakland County servicing over 15,600 students and employs 1600 teacher, clerical and more.
Founded in 1837, Clarenceville School District serves a section of the real estate in Farmington Hills, a section in Livonia and a section Redford. Currently there are approximately 1940 students with a staff of 270. Schools in the district include:
- Clarenceville High School
- Clarenceville Middle School
- Botsford Elementary School
- Grandview Elementary School
Restaurants in Farmington Hills: Where to Eat!
There are no lack of great restaurants within a short drive from any of the homes for sale in Farmington Hills. Below find a list of some of the best Farmington Hills Restaurants, as well see our sections on Royal Oak, Novi, Northville, Livonia and Plymouth for additional community recreation very close to Farmington Hills.
- Buddy's Pizza: Looking for a 5 star pizza place? This is it, both Yelp reviews and Trip Advisor agree, this is one of the area's best pizzeria's
- 31646 Northwestern Highway Farmington Hills MI 48334
- Tomatoes Apizza: Real Italian Style thin crust pizza. The chef here studied with a world class chef in New York and is a nationally known destination spot.
- 29275 14 Mile Road Farmington Hills MI 48334
- Breakfast Club: With 95 reviews above 4 stars it's easy to tell why there's always a wait to get a table. Service and food both are phenomenal!
- 38471 West 10 Mile Road Farmington Hills MI 48335
- Recipes: The other best breakfast place in Farmington Hills and again get ready for the wait to get it.
- 39297 Grand River Avenue Farmington Hills MI 48335
- El Patio: Spanish for The Patio, but don't be fooled by the simple name! This one is the hidden Gem of Farmington Hills Mexican Food.
- 39421 Grand River Avenue 48335
- Basement Burger Bar: They have a full menu with 12 delicious burger topping themes or a build your own burger or salad menu
- 33316 Grand River Avenue Farmington MI 48336
- Bates Hamburgers of Farmington Hills: Move over White Castle, THESE are the best sliders around!
- 22291 Middlebelt Road Farmington Hills MI 48336
- Steven Lelli's on the Green: For the locals, just like the Detroit Lelli's, treat yourself to the steak or Lobster, it's what they do.
- 27925 Golf Pointe Blvd Farmington Hills MI 48331
- John Cowley's and Sons: Excellent authentic Irish on the main level, great bar and bands upstairs. The owner is almost always there, and almost always ready to have a conversation about Catholic Central Football
- 33338 Grand River Ave Farmington HIlls MI 48336
Fun For the Family in Farmington Hills!
There are some unique attractions close to homes for sale in farmington Hills mi as well in the surrounding area that is fun for the entire family. Here's a partial list based on our & our past clients favorite spots to take the kids.
- Marvelous Marvins Mechanical Museum: This is not your mothers museum! This one features all the carnival style mechanical one can remember from childhood (and many we can't!) This is a must for every family
- 31005 Orchard Lake Road Farmington Hills MI 48334
- Bonaventure Skating Rink: Another Farmington HIlls Exclusive, a total flashback to the 70's and 80's with neon lights, video games and the "Cosby" moment to bond every family should have
- 24505 Halsted Road Farmington Hills MI 48335
- Goldfish Swim School: Parents keep telling me the same thing, the teachers are good at what they do - teach kids to swim and keep them safe.
- 22710 Haggerty Road Ste 200 Farmington Hills MI 48335
- Zap Zone Extreme Ltd: Exactly as it sounds, good old fashioned wholesome laser tag
- 31530 Grand River Ave 48336
- Holocaust Memorial Center: The only of it's kind in the United States, is a great field trip with teens to remember where we came from
- 28123 Orchard Lake Road Farmington Hills MI 48334
- Heritage Park: 2011 acres featuring a history museum, hiking and more
- Farmington Rd, Farmington Hills, MI
- Franklin Cider Mill: Apples, cider donuts and more! In historic downtown Franklin, one of the oldest working mills in the area
- 7450 Franklin Road, Franklin MI 48301
- Campus Martius Park: Activities throughout the year include the Free Press Marathon, live concerts, ice skating and more
- 800 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48221
- Comerica Park: Home of the Detroit Tigers featuring a Ferris Wheel and real elephant ears! Catch a game, and hopefully a fly ball!
- 2100 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201
- Joe Louis Arena: Home of the Detroit Red Wings and the largest indoor venue in Detroit
- 600 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, MI
- The Detroit Zoo: One of the largest in the Mid-West, located in Royal Oak MI and has many seasonal events. Housing 3,000 animals, over 125 acres and a nice 1.7 mile walk.
- 8450 W. 10 Mile Road Royal Oak, MI 48067
Night Life in Farmington Hills!
Farmington Hills has a mix of some of the best night life in Metro Detroit. See our other pages on additional areas worth exploring as well! If your shopping for homes for sale in Farmington Hills, a quick drive will get you to any of the below nightlife spots, or any other surrounding communities.
- Bottom of the 5th: A Farmington Hills Sports Bar Favorite, good pizza, good burgers, big screens
- 30859 W 10 Mile Road Farmington Hills MI 48335
- iHookah Lounge: Personal Tv's, couches, & great music. The best place to hang out with a small group of friends.
- 32617 Northwestern Highway Farmington Hills MI 48334
- Shots Tavern: Known as a chill kind of place, has Saturday Night Karaoke, and close to the best slider place in town!
- 30859 W 10 Mile Road Farmington Hills MI 48336
- Scores Sports Bar: Dollar Taco Tuesdays are worth checking out, one of the best "Neighborhood Bars" in the area
- 24365 Halsted Road Farmington Hills MI 48331
- Find additional Nightlife Spots in Canton Here
- Find additional Nightlife Spots in Livonia Here
- Find additional Nightlife Spots in Northville Here
- Find additional Nightlife Spots in Novi Here
- Find additional Nightlife Spots in South Lyon Here
- Find Additional Nightlife Spots in Troy Here
Thank you again for taking the time to explore homes for sale Farmington Hills MI! We hope you found the community information here helpful and please let us know if you have any questions on any homes for sale Farmington Hills MI
Browse all Homes For Sale In Farmington Hills Neighborhoods:
Latest Blog Posts
Here’s why there’s no reason to worry about an impending market crash. Will the Real Estate...Read More
Are we finally seeing the market turn? Is the bubble bursting or is this the new norm? Let's take a look at some facts and...Read More
Selling your home in one day means leaving a lot of money on the table. Recently, I’ve seen agents...Read More
I typically get this question about once per month, but I've asked about it twice this past weekend, so I thought...Read More
March 2021 Market Update - Are there REALLY no homes for sale? Is the market getting ever crazier, or starting to cool...Read More
Here’s how we’ve been helping scores of families buy homes in this market. It’s the...Read More
One of the common thoughts we have been hearing from our clients is that they want to capitalize on their current...Read More
As Michigan's largest city, Detroit's metro area is home to over four million people. Detroit has long been recognized by its...Read More
IDX provided courtesy of Realcomp II Ltd., via Keller Williams Realty, Copyright 2021 Realcomp II Ltd. Shareholders. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, is not guaranteed or warranted. All information should be independently verified.