Clarkston Homes & Real Estate
View the hottest Clarkston, MI homes for sale and real estate below! Established in 1832, the City of the Village of Clarkston, features historic charm in the heart of Oakland County. This one-half square mile community is surrounded by Independence Township, home to approximately 900 people and within close proximity of I-75 and Dixie Highway. To request up-to-date information, including sales history and prices, property disclosures and more about Clarkston properties for sale, or to arrange a private showing of any property listed below, contact your LOCAL real estate experts today. Read more about Clarkston real estate.
Homes For Sale in Clarkston MI
Get notified when matching listings become available. We also have found more listings nearby within 5 miles of this community.
Clarkston Real Estate Search
This page is updated with Clarkston home listings several times per day directly from the Clarkston, Michigan MLS.
Each Clarkston MLS listing includes: the property price, days on market, square footage, year built, lot size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, assigned schools, construction type, and other important details as entered by the listing agent in the MLS.
Also review local Clarkston, MI property tax information and the current listing status (active, under contract, or pending). As available, numerous property features such as greenbelt locations, views, swimming pools, and Clarkston neighborhood amenities including parks and golf courses will be listed.
The historic homes in the city reflect Clarkston’s heritage, giving the community an air of timeless elegance. Clarkston’s downtown, which has been designated a National Historical Site, features a picturesque main street lined with unique shops, eateries, and businesses. The 36-square-mile area of Independence Township surrounding the quaint village of Clarkston offers the beauty of country living with the conveniences of a modern city. With a City Park (Depot Park) and a Swimming Beach (Deer Lake Beach) within its limits and a County Park (Independence Oaks) nearby, Clarkston offers families ample leisure time activities.
Homes for Sale in Clarkston, MI
The historic homes in the city reflect Clarkston’s heritage, giving the community an air of timeless elegance. Clarkston’s downtown, which has been designated a National Historical Site, features a picturesque main street lined with unique shops, eateries, and businesses.
The 36-square-mile area of Independence Township surrounding the quaint village of Clarkston offers the beauty of country living with the conveniences of a modern city. With a City Park (Depot Park) and a Swimming Beach (Deer Lake Beach) within its limits and a County Park (Independence Oaks) nearby, Clarkston offers families ample leisure time activities.
Clarkston Community School Information
Clarkston's reputation as an outstanding school district is well established: The district has two national Blue Ribbon schools and six others that have earned Michigan Exemplary Blue Ribbon school status; Clarkston Real Estate was recently named as Forbes Magazine's Top Suburbs to Live Well, citing Clarkston's graduation rates, class sizes; and grades and MEAP scores are among the best in Oakland County; and last year alone, Clarkston graduates earned over $5 million in scholarships.
Living in Clarkston
Homes in Clarkston boast an excellent location with I-75 intersecting the township twice – M-15 and again at Sashabaw. It is the fourth largest township in Oakland County with a population of approximately 32,000 residents. Independence Township can be characterized as a growing residential community. Clarkston was recently named as Forbes Magazine's Top Suburbs to Live Well. Clarkston has a cottage town feel but has established shopping and business districts. Shopping centers and professional services have sprung up along the main thoroughfares to provide all local conveniences. The communities feature new construction homes, lake cottages, large year-round homes, as well as affordable condominiums.
- Union Workshop - Slow-smoked BBQ, wood-fired & craft beers draw crowds to this hip log-cabin-style space. Location: 18S Main Street.
- Clarkston Union Bar & Kitchen - Cozy spot with wood tables & antique pews offers handcrafted American grub & craft beer. Location: 54 S Main Street.
- Old Village Café - A quaint family-operated cafe on Main St has a small-town diner atmosphere and has been providing excellent food for their customers since 1995. Location: 2 S Main Street.
- Brioni Cafe & Deli - Old World food finds right here in Clarkston. Serving their community since 2005, they pride themselves on using fresh ingredients daily. Location: 7151 N Main Street.
- Gregg's Gourmet Cafe - Serves gourmet pizza, breadsticks, subs, and dinner entrees and has become a community favorite. Location: 5914 S Main Street.
- Andiamo Trattoria Clarkston - This friendly trattoria is just right for casual, family dining, featuring a stone pizza oven and big portions of made-from-scratch Italian dishes. Location: 7228 N Main Street.
Clarkston Photo and Video Gallery
Things to Do in Clarkston, Mi
Throughout the year Clarkston is host to several events including, concerts in Depot Park, parades, festivals, and an art fair. Clarkston Area Farmers Markets every Saturday from June to October from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Clarkston also hosts a Concerts in the Park series during the summer for residents and visitors to enjoy.
Enjoy seeing your favorite artists and bands live on tour at DTE Energy Music Theatre. The DTE Energy Music Theatre is situated right in the heart of Michigan, surrounded by lush green forests and crystal clear lakes, the venue itself can seat 15,274 people. A large portion of the seating is covered by a canopy with a green lawn at the rear of the venue.
Originally the theatre was named Pine Knob Music Theatre, and to this day nicknames like Pine Knob, The Knob, and The Hill are still commonly used.
In the last couple of years, the theatre has received some upgrades, in the form of audio enhancements, beer gardens, and a wider variety of food!
The Clarkston shopping district, although small, is made up of locally owned, independent retailers.
Clarkston is fortunate that it has not suffered major vacancy rates like other small towns during our recent "great recession". Just the opposite, retail in Clarkston has improved, with the addition of Essence on Main, the re-branding of the Clarkston Cafe into the Union Woodshop, and the new and much larger location of KH Home.
Clarkston has a diverse array of shopping and dining offerings, a regionally known bike retailer, Kinetics Systems; Frank and Me which also has a loyal following from beyond the Clarkston area, a beloved specialty food retailer, Rudy's Market; The Union and Union General Store, Clarkston General Store, the Village Bakeshop, and Lisa's Confection Connection. Clarkston also offers service companies for its residents, including Clarkston Travel, Grattan Optical, The Clarkston News, Clarkston State Bank, and more.
Clarkston Night Life
- Clarkston Union Bar & Kitchen - Cozy spot with wood tables & antique pews offers handcrafted American grub & craft beer. 54 S Main St, Village of Clarkston, MI.
- Clarkston Tap - Unassuming bar with Greek & American chow in a simple setting with doors that retract in season. 5801 Ortonville Rd, Village of Clarkston, MI.
- Mr. B's Roadhouse - Warm, casual hangout dishing up hearty bar fare, including burgers, steaks, pizza & Mexican staples. 6761 Dixie Hwy, Village of Clarkston, MI.
- Lakes Grille - A diverse American menu, including steaks & seafood, is served in a wood-&-stone space with a bar. 6722 Dixie Hwy, Village of Clarkston, MI.
- Union Woodshop - Slow-smoked BBQ, wood-fired pizza & craft beers draw crowds to this hip log-cabin-style space. 18 S Main St, Village of Clarkston, MI.
Clarkston, MI Real Estate Agents
Looking to purchase a home in Clarkston? Let our Clarkston real estate experts guide you through the sale of your current residence or the purchase of your new Clarkston property. As local real estate agents, we have up-to-date information on the unique dynamics of the Clarkston, Michigan real estate market.
Search Homes For Sale in Clarkston
Back to All Featured Communities