Deciding to build a dream home, whether it's in an expensive neighborhood or an affordable neighborhood, is a big step, and it can be challenging for people to decide on a construction company. The following list includes some top custom home builders in the Detroit, Michigan, area to help people find a contractor who fits their unique needs and home design visions.
The Arteva story began in 1946 at H.J. Oldenkamp, one of the largest national distributors of luxury home building products. The late Arthur Szliter joined H.J. Oldenkamp in 1962 and became the owner and president for nearly 30 years. In 1991, he left the company to form Arteva Homes with his son Brian Szliter and colleague Vito Terracciano. With a combined 50 years of experience in home building, Arteva Homes quickly became one of the leading custom home builders in Detroit.
Arteva Homes has earned numerous awards for its commitment to excellence in residential construction. Brian Szliter was featured in the 2015 "Faces of Detroit" for Dbusiness and Hour Detroit, and honored by Dbusiness's "30 in their 30s" in 2014. The company has also earned:
- The Academy of Hospitality Sciences' 5-Star Diamond Award (2012)
- Parade of Homes' Best Model Home (2011)
- Detroit Home's Best New Model Home (2010)
- SAM Awards' Community of the Year (2009)
- Parade of Homes' Best Condo Homes (2008)
- Parade of Homes' Best Urban Infill Design (2007)
Arteva Homes Additional Information
- Address: Arteva Homes, 900 W University Dr Suite F, Rochester, MI 48307
- Established in 1991
- Recommended Ages:
- Serving Rochester and Rochester Hills, Detroit, Auburn Hills, Clinton Township, Clarkston, Davison Township, Macomb Township, Oxford, Sterling Heights, and Shelby Township
Sterling Development Corporation
The Sterling Development Corporation was founded by Todd Emerson in 1996, after having launched his construction career by investing in a custom luxury home developer in Southeast Michigan. Marc Alexander, Partner and Vice President of Sterling Development Corporation, has been a licensed builder since early 2006 and joined the company in 2014 after a 25-year career in the automotive industry. With a combined 34 years of experience in the luxury home construction sector, Sterling Development is able to produce superior-crafted homes in Detroit and the surrounding areas.
Sterling Development has created a proprietary Design Build Program that takes a unique approach to the process of designing and building a custom home. Sterling guides clients through each stage of the construction process, from lot assessment to the selection of final finishes.
Sterling Development Corporation Additional Information
- Address: Sterling Development Corporation, 2382 Franklin Rd, Bloomfield Twp, MI 48302
- Founded in 1996
- Colonial, puritan, contemporary, and cottage-style designs
HM Homes was founded in 2010 and was pioneered by third-generation custom home builders with 30 years of extensive experience creating luxury residential spaces. The company prides itself on using only the highest-quality building materials and builds each home as if the customer were their own family. HM Homes prefers to prioritize quality over quantity and focuses their attention on each project's conceptualization to the final move-in date.
The designs featured by the company are unique, with contemporary and rustic flavors borrowed from traditional home styles. Modern and classic influences can be found throughout each living space, from bedrooms to bathrooms to the all-important kitchen. HM Homes strives to ensure that both the interior and exterior of the homes they construct are functional, beautiful, and a smart investment.
HM Homes Additional Information
- Address: HM Homes, 4426 Fernlee Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48073
- Over 30 years of combined construction experience
- Serving Detroit and surrounding areas including Birmingham, Southfield, Eastpointe, Troy, West Bloomfield Township, Sterling Heights, Rochester Hills, and more
Alimoff Building & Development
Alimoff Building & Development, LLC is a builder of custom homes and new residential construction. They are a newer company in the Detroit luxury home construction community but have a solid ongoing track record of successfully building new homes for their customers that meet rigid design and construction specifications. Clients of Alimoff enjoy the service the company provides to go beyond the customer's needs and expectations.
Alimoff Building & Development, LLC takes custom home design seriously and works with the client to determine the best possible approach to achieve a beautiful design with unparalleled functionality. New design challenges aren't a problem for the company, who strives to make sure each of the client's specifications are met. The result is a one-of-a-kind residential space that performs as well as it looks good.
Alimoff Building & Development Additional Information
- Address: Alimoff Building & Development, 4852 Leafdale Blvd, Royal Oak, MI 48073
- Serving the areas of Royal Oak, Berkley, Birmingham, Bingham Farms, Bloomfield, Beverly Hills, Huntington Woods, Orchard Lake, Pleasant Ridge, Franklin, Troy, and surrounding areas
Mike Miller Building Company
Mike Miller Building Company is a premier Detroit custom home construction provider that has been featured in Architectural Digest and brings state-of-the-art residential design to the area. The company was founded in 1991 by Michael Miller and brings a special dedication to quality in everything they do. He states, "Mike Miller Building Company builds homes for the way you live. Whether you're a new home buyer or embarking on a remodel or renovation, our approach is seamless and our results are stunning."
With over 30 years of experience in the luxury home market, Mike Miller Building Company is able to provide residents of Detroit and nearby areas with comprehensive services, from the initial planning stages of the project to the finishing touches. 3D renderings are used to help clients get a better visual for their home design, where they can make any final changes before construction begins.
Mike Miller Building Company Additional Information
- Address: Mike Miller Building Company, 629 Fairbrook, Northville, MI 48167
- Established in 1991
- Located in Northville, MI and serving the nearby Detroit metropolitan areas of Novi, Farmington and Farmington Hills, Plymouth, Livonia, Canton, Dearborn Heights, and more
For more than 40 years, Crest Homes has been a leading provider of quality luxury home construction services in the Detroit metropolitan area. The company is family-owned and strives to treat each of their clients like family, too. The Crest Homes team is a tight-knit group, and each employee spends on average twelve years with the company. This low turnover rate is a testament to the dedication to quality craftsmanship and employee support that Crest Homes makes a priority.
Crest-built homes can be found in some of the most exclusive communities in metro Detroit, including Paint Creek Village, Oxford Meadows, Lonesome Lake, Oxford Woods, South Pointe Condominiums, and The Moors of Oxford. The company ensures that each of their custom-built spaces are not only crafted with the highest-quality materials, but are done so in such a way that the company is able to offer competitive pricing, making the dreams of custom home ownership more affordable for Detroit homeowners.
Crest Homes Additional Information
- Address: Crest Homes, 6825 Dixie Hwy Suite C, Village of Clarkston, MI 48346
- Over 40 years of experience in the custom design and construction industry
- Serving the surrounding areas of Independence Charter Township, Waterford Township, White Lake Charter Township, Orion Charter Township, Pontiac, Rochester and Rochester Hills, Troy, and more
Discover Detroit's Best Home Builders
Before making a final decision on which construction company to work with, people should take some time to call around and get a feel for each option. Because it's not all about a home builder's record, it's important for people to understand that they will be working with the builder they choose for some time. Therefore, home buyers should make sure the builder they end up choosing is personable and professional.
Leave A Comment