2364 Heronwood Drive, Bloomfield Twp., MI 48302
Grand brick colonial in the prestigious Heronwood community. Walk into beautiful marble foyer with spiral staircase. Chef's kitchen offers granite counters, hardwood floor, 6 burner stove, stainless steel appliances and walk-in pantry. Granite butler's pantry joins kitchen and formal dining room. Great room features soaring ceiling, wall of windows with scenic view, granite wet bar and shares dual sided gas fireplace with kitchen area. Formal living room offers a gas fireplace, large windows and a serene setting. Beautiful den has oak walls and hardwood floor with perfect work space. On entry level is huge laundry room with storage and 1½ bath. Upper level offers impressive master suite with coved ceiling, 2 walk in closets, granite vanity, dual granite sink, jetted tub, glass shower and marble floors. Princess suite with walk in closet and full bath with soaking tub. 2 additional bedrooms with walk in closets and dual sink, Jack and Jill bath. Finished lower level is perfect entertaining space with kitchen, full bath, exercise room and media room and spacious cedar closet. Exterior has beautiful curb appeal, 3 car attached garage, wooded back yard with large deck and mature trees.
|4 Bedrooms||5.1 Baths||Fireplace||3 Car Garage|
The property is governed by the Bloomfield Hills School District with headquarters in Bloomfield Township in Oakland County. In addition to portions of Bloomfield Township the district also serves most of the city of Bloomfield Hills, and portions of Bloomfield Township. It was founded in the 1950s. BHSD has ranked among the best school systems in Michigan multiple times. Around 2005 the district had a $3 million surplus. It had plans to increase enrollment by allowing out of district students to attend the district schools, so it would get increased state funding due to higher enrollment. In a two-year period ending in 2009, the district lost over 250 students and therefore about $3 million in state funding. Because of the decreased revenues, the district planned to close two schools. In a school funding system enacted in 1994, Michigan school funding entirely originates from the state, so despite the fact that Bloomfield Hills has a property rich tax base, the decrease in enrollment forced the district into an operating loss.
- Way Elementary (3.2 miles via Franklin Road)
- Conant Elementary School (4.5 miles via S Telegraph Road)
- St. Hugo of the Hills Catholic School (3.6 miles via W Square Lake Road)
- East Hills Middle School (4.4 miles via W Square Lake Road)
- Bloomfield Hills Middle School (4.7 miles via S Telegraph Road)
- International Academy (4.8 miles via W Square Lake Road)
The property is located in the sought after Heron Woods Subdivision. It is strategically located to be close to neaby shopping centers, as, Bloomfield Town Square Shopping Center, Costco Wholesale, Target, and Kingswood Plaza Shopping Center. Restaurants and fast food chains are also conveniently close to the Heron Woods Subdivision, like, Olga's Kitchen, Nippon Sushi Bar, Potbelly Sandwich Works, Panera Bread, IHOP, 5th Tavern, and a lot more.
Parks provide intrinsic environmental, aesthetic, and recreation benefits to cities and also a source of positive economic benefits, and a few are relatively close to the Heron Woods Subdivision, such as, Murphy Park, River Woods Park, and Johnson Nature Center.
Golf course stands along with the other fine arts of architecture: landscape, fine dining, theatre, etc. in being considered important enough to warrant its own critics, lists, rankings, and even coffee table books and monthly magazines. And one of the nearest golf course to the subdivision holds too much history, the Bloomfield Hills Country Club is a private golf club rich with history and tradition. In 1909, the original 18 Hole Golf Course was designed by Tom Bendelow with completion in Spring of 1912. One year later in April of 1913, renowned English Architect H.S. Colt redesigned the golf course, which included the purchase of 50 additional acres. The new golf course would be ready for play in June 1915. Over the years, other noted golf architects such as Robert Trent Jones and Art Hills have added touches here and there that have made it what it is today.